Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure if this is even possible. Are lift kit parts one-time-use?

Want to go back to stock height and tire/wheels. Have 18" wheels on there now, which I want to keep and put 275/65/18 tires on. This is near stock and proper plus-sizing.

Looking for garage/someone who can perform the swap. They will keep lift kit parts and tires. Tires have 5K on them. Were bought new from 4WheelParts in Moore, OK.

So if you're in the OKC metro area and want a 4" lift and practically new 35s, please PM. Shocks were recently replaced as well.

Reason: Got a lot of towing to do and I'm vertically challenged. Looks like I'm compensating for something every time I step out of my truck.

Thanks,
:confused:

·
Registered
534 Posts
what year is the truck

·
2002 7.3L
14 Posts
i got 35's myself with a 3.5'' lift. love it but spread the word... if your going to lift and add bigger wheels and tires, dual steering stablizer, and better pitman arm for the longer reach to the steering box... other than that, expect a fun filled day of ball joint replacements than normal... bigger rims and tires will cause your front end a heart ache if you dont forge it with better stabilizers and higher quality parts.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Wish i had a 350 i would come down this weekend and do the swap.

·
First 'Stroke and in Love
18 Posts
PM sent

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i got 35's myself with a 3.5'' lift. love it but spread the word... if your going to lift and add bigger wheels and tires, dual steering stablizer, and better pitman arm for the longer reach to the steering box... other than that, expect a fun filled day of ball joint replacements than normal... bigger rims and tires will cause your front end a heart ache if you dont forge it with better stabilizers and higher quality parts.
Just ordered Moog parts to replace entire lower tie rod assembly cause they needed it. Will upgrade rest later.

I couldn't pass up on the deal I got for this truck. I figured I could find someone who'd want to swap out stock tires for 35s, and get it lowered.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Wish i had a 350 i would come down this weekend and do the swap.
I'm learning more about my truck every day.

The rear was lifted using 4" axle blocks, for above axle springs. For the front lift I think they used a spring lift. Plan on taking pictures so folks can get a better look and see if it would work for them.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Update:
The rear is lifted using 4" axle blocks for over axle springs. The front is done using extended shackles. Shocks are new all around, same time as tires so 5K miles.

Looking for someone who wants to swap necessary parts to exchange lifts.

Attachments

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Update:
The rear is lifted using 4" axle blocks for over axle springs. The front is done using extended shackles. Shocks are new all around, same time as tires so 5K miles.

Looking for someone who wants to swap necessary parts to exchange lifts.
Showing my noobness...

The shackles appear stock. So the front lift must have been done with springs.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I'm learning more about my truck every day.

The rear was lifted using 4" axle blocks, for above axle springs. For the front lift I think they used a spring lift. Plan on taking pictures so folks can get a better look and see if it would work for them.
Well if they do end up being able to work i would be interested in the swap

1 - 11 of 11 Posts