Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm just kidding. After a little testing found out my truck was pressurizing my coolant system. Egr had been deleted & there wasn't any puking but a pressure test confirmed I had a gasket issue. Bit the bullet & had arp's & motorcraft gaskets installed by the local powerstroke shop as well as the lifters replaced & glowplugs installed. The other "bulletproofing" parts were already done. Shop stands behind their work with a 2 year warranty. I had a unstudded srl tune that I used for a dd & always used trans only when towing our 10k 5th wheel. Went ahead & ordered the unlimited, 8k, & srl+ from gearhead. The 8k says it's safe for 13k for studded trucks. Do any of yall tow something around that weight with it? I can run the unlimited but a little more towing power would be good with me.

·
POWER Junkie
330 Posts
Oring the heads??

·
POWER Junkie
330 Posts
Probably better not tow with anything more than the 8k tow. Studs hold up better than TTY bolts but still not totally safe to go full go without oringed heads.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'll probably just use unlimited tow when pulling the 5th wheel. Don't really want to do that again lol.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts