Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
1,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm gonna be be revising my bed fairing, so I'm giving away the old one.

Can't ship this thing, so you gotta come and get it. Bring a short bed Super Duty and four C-clamps.

East side Indianapolis suburbs.

PM me.

Repeat: The price is FREE.

·
Hoosier daddy!
1,700 Posts
I'll be your way tomorrow afternoon... If we could arrange to meet up that would be great. I'd love to try the bed fairing on my 4x4 and see what it does for me.

·
1,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Offer expired.

Ramblin' Man came and got it. Rest of you: You snooze, you lose.

Hopefully he'll post on it today or tomorrow.

For now, I'll run with my old ARE hard flat tonneau while I work on the improvement.

·
Hoosier daddy!
1,700 Posts
Here's some quick numbers on my run down to pick up the cover and then the drive back home with the cover on. Note that my truck is a 4x4 with an automatic tranny.

The mileage calculated on the way down includes 2 days of driving to work...
296.6 miles/17.540 gallons = 16.91 mpg (I averaged 75mph for approx. 3/4 of those miles).

The mileage calculated on the way back with the bed cover installed...
179.9 miles/9.407 gallons = 19.12 mpg (I averaged 75 mph for most of the trip).

Just comparing the numbers I got a solid 2mpg gain by using the cover. Might be able to extend that by driving the posted speed limit. :D After I've had a chance to run a few tanks of fuel back and forth to work, I'll post up the gains I see on my daily commute.

Thanks for the cover Dave. It is well built and well worth more than your asking price of nothing. It was nice meeting you and chatting for awhile.

·
1,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I, on the other hand, need to get crackin' on the next phase.

For now I'm running a flat tonneau and my EGTs are up 75 degrees on the superslab. Not much change at 60 MPH.

·
1,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I REALLY gotta et crackin'

Going from my "fastback" fairing to a flat tonneau reduced my MPG by 1.5 MPG. Bummer!

·
Hoosier daddy!
1,700 Posts
Drove my daily commute for a week with the bed cover... 18.88mpg was my magic number. This was going easy on acceleration, nothing over 2000rpm and cruising around 60-65mph on the highway. My commute is 35 miles, 20 or so of which is highway. This week I've been driving like normal and I'll see how it goes.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts