Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey gents I would like to try disconnecting the red wire on my waste gate but I have no idea where it is and how to actually perform the mod. I'm also goin to adjust my actuater but I do know how to that. Id also like a better understanding of the ccv mod. If someone could post step by step pics of both the red wire mod and ccv mod id greatly appreciate it. Also if you would tell me other cheap mods I can do.

·
Registered
153 Posts
the red hose on the wastegate is mounted on the turbo in the top rear its visible from the front of the truck u simply pull it off the wastegate ( the round clyinder mounted to the turbo with the rod coming out the back) and hook the line to the intercooler hose clamp

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks buddy for the clarification

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Do you have a pic by chance? Is the hose clamp just to hold it or does it have more purpose than that

·
the stryker god
3,659 Posts
have you ever looked under the hood of your truck? the hose that goes to the wastegate actuator is red, like a stop sign, disconnect the hose from the wastegate actuator. well now that you have it disconnected you have a vacuum leak so you press the end of the hose, the black 90 degree piece on the stud that sticks up from your boot clamp.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just making sure...damn

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
Why are you doing this?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So I did as u guys said do I plug the actuater nipple or leave it open

·
Registered
132 Posts
You can leave it open, it won't hurt anything....just plug the hose side. BTW, unless you have a programmer or high performance chip you're not going to really see that turbo get high enough to do any real damage to the turbo...in fact even with a chip you'd probably need to have new injectors to get any boost higher than about 26 lbs, maybe.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
K well I plugged it just in case but ya figure see what it does.

·
Registered
153 Posts
the only real gains u will see are throttle response and a bit more whistle but on a mildly modded truck w basic cold air intake and exhaust it does make it much more fun to drive

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ya I noticed better throttle response. I wanna re do my intake with solid pipe and put a 6637 on it. How big is the hole on a 6637?

·
Registered
153 Posts
pretty sure it`s 4 inch

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
yes 4 inch

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Is it rubber or plastic. I wish it was plastic so u can stay 4in all the way. Having to reduce it down to three inch to combine the filter and intake tube sucks. Someone should make it

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Does afe make a 5inch hole filter

·
Intelligent Burro
450 Posts
Why are you doing this?
To the OP:
Did you read Tbolts question? Many people enjoy modding their trucks including me. But before you start changing things because someone else did, you need to understand the reasoning behind it. What are the advantages to each mod. And just as important, what are the disadvantages? Ford did not put the red "wire" on the turbo for the fun of it. It has a purpose. I'm not saying you shouldn't disconnect it. Just make sure you understand why you are disconnecting it.
The right mods can make your truck more useful and more fun. The wrong mods can be very expensive and frustrating.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I did it because I figure hey everyone else did it and it worked so why not do it is the question.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Id like to do the ccv mod as well. I'm going to do it my jeep to. My question is can I drill a hole some where on my exhaust (both rigs) and weld a nipple on and route the gasses out the tail pipe?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Id like to try the 22k mod. Could someone post a pic of where the resistor goes in the icp thanks

1 - 20 of 26 Posts