Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at getting different shocks to help with ride quality because I'm still running stockers. I've got a ready lift 3.5lift on a 2012 f250. I'm torn between the Fox2.0 and Bilstein 5100. I've seen this topic with other vehicles but not with a 6.7. I can get the Bilstein for $312 and Fox for around $500. Is it worth the extra coin to get the fox?

·
Registered
151 Posts
I to have the ready lift stage4 on my 15 f250,im going fox 2.0 dual steering stabilizers,2.0 remote res in front & 2.0 internal res in the rear,i had 5100's on my 13 f150 fx4 & never again they looked good but rode much worse then factory.

·
HardChargin'
4 Posts
Looking at getting different shocks to help with ride quality because I'm still running stockers. I've got a ready lift 3.5lift on a 2012 f250. I'm torn between the Fox2.0 and Bilstein 5100. I've seen this topic with other vehicles but not with a 6.7. I can get the Bilstein for $312 and Fox for around $500. Is it worth the extra coin to get the fox?
The absolute FIRST move that I made on my stock suspension was ditching the OEM Rancho garbage. I am not saying that all of the Rancho line is garbage, it must have just been mine.. Needless to say, a set of 5100 Bilstein shocks went in and the difference was night and day!!!

I am actually in the process of scrapping the 5100's for a complete CARLI Pintop 2.5 leveling system with all the goodies, and I am not familiar with Fox shocks personally, but I would totally recommend a set of 5100 series Bilsteins to anyone with this truck!

·
Super Moderator
3,401 Posts
The OEM "Rancho" shocks are just Motorcraft units branded with the Rancho looks.

·
Registered
232 Posts
I have the Bilstein's and have no problems with them so far. I can also say that Fox is a good option since never heard one negative about it.

·
Registered
14 Posts
The OEM "Rancho" shocks are just Motorcraft units branded with the Rancho looks.
I had the Ranchos with a 2.5" lift and shock extensions brackets. Swapped to 5100s because I've had good experience with them and 4 Wheel Parts is running a special right now Buy 3 get 1 Free, just make sure you get the right part #s before calling. I ordered online and they sent stock height shocks which were wrong. Truck rides WAY better now.

At 6,000 miles, one of the front "Ranchos" were shot. Figured I'd get a new set under warranty to sell on CL. The dealer couldn't find anything under Rancho and it was actually the Motorcraft stamp and part # on the shock that they were able to find.

I've read very good things about the Fox 2.0s and Carli has a set specifically tuned for our trucks. 2x the money but might be worth it.

·
08 6.4
261 Posts
I had fox 2.0's on my 08 and loved them

·
Registered
151 Posts
I have the same lift & will have the 2.0's by the last week of this month,i got them for $415 but have had to wait for them,oh well it is what it is.I will let you know how they are when i put them on.The dual fox ss is nice & smooth though so i have high expectations for these as well.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Just finished installing the fox 2.0's was able to drive it to town with just the rears on & it seemed to get better & better as i drove,i assume breaking in,but havent drove it yet with them all on.I will get back with you tomorrow after some miles & let you know the 411,i have a feeling its going to be good though.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I had the 5100's on my truck as well, I found them to be quite a stiff riding shock, decided to give the fox 2.0's a try and have to say they do ride quite a bit smoother, had them on for a couple months now

·
Registered
17 Posts
What are the Fox part #'s for Fox 2.0 shocks for a stock SRW 2015 F350 ?

Not having much luck with the old interweb search?

·
Registered
151 Posts
Well i have all the fox shocks mounted & took it for a spin,i had 5100's on a 13 f150 fx4 screwcab & they suck to no end,the fox are far superior.It now rides smoothly better then stock & thats with M /T's so i'm pleased.
They come fully extended so they can be a bear to install,i just installed the bottom 1st on the front & lifted the truck to be able to just swing it over & in.
I am very picky but dont regret buying these @ all.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I put mine on a lifted truck,which was actually why i needed them & now that i've put some miles on it i'm really happy with the 2.0's definately $ well spent,but i got them @ a discount for $415 front & rears.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I had the 5100's on my leveled '11 now Fox 2.0 on my '14. The Fox 2.0 are noticeably better.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts