Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Nwettlaufer
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my front end, mainly the driver side makes a knocking sound that increases with acceleration and deceleration. It only makes the sound when the four wheel drive is in and the hubs are engaged. If just the hubs are engaged or just the four wheel drive is engaged it does not make the sound. I've replaced the hub bearing and the main seal on the steering knuckle. I checked the u-joint and its good. I took the diff cover off and checked in there and saw nothing that looked out of the ordinary. I am simply at a loss for what the hell is going on with this thing. Ive checked a lot of #### replaced the hubs and a lot of ####. So please help im at a loss

·
Registered
406 Posts
Your absolutly sure the u joint is good. It could be siezed up a bit. And worn out. How was the. Lube from the diff when u removed the cover ?? Check your front pinion for play and check your u joints on the front shaft.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Are you sure the noise is not your transfercase? My duramax made noise and I could feel it in the floor board and it felt like it was the front end, but it ended up being a trashed transfercase. (I know thats an apples to oranges comparison, but food for thought).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts