1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found this turbo
big garrett turbo t4 brand new
What do you think?
I found one new for $800. Is it a good deal? Am I ready for this without fuel or HPOP mods?

I just talked to him and he doesn't know what diesel it is built for. He was going to use it on some after market application.

·
<<< THE GAUGE WHORE...
12,082 Posts
I dont know what PSD that came off of...

·
Going Crazy
1,533 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
its a T04E13 off of a DT-466, both the 210hp and 245hp motors. That is all the info that I have found on it so far. I don't know if anyone else will be able to find any more specifics, but it doesn't seem to be anything special. It's not a high performance turbo and you can pick up non performance big turbo's for cheap money. Try and see what it will flow for CFM and it may still be worth using.

·
What else?
4,156 Posts
I was thinking it was off of a DT360 at first by the looks of it, but you're right, it's off of a DTA466. The prices I found for it were 400-650ish, so even if you wanted to buy it 800 is a little steep.

If you could get the model number you could then see if it would be an upgrade or not, but for that price you could get so much more turbo that would still work well with stock injectors.

Dave

1 - 10 of 10 Posts