Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Rectangle Font Parallel Pattern Schematic

1999 7.3 111K miles. All stock.
This is a page from my AllData. It shows the injectors and their wiring diagram as best I can tell.
I had failure in my truck two weeks ago and just now getting around to diagnosing. My truck was doing fine. I started it up and walked away for about 2 mins. Suddenly a noise was heard and the truck began to run like it was only hitting on 4 cylinders. No power. I was camping about 20 miles from home and decided to chance it getting home. I made it home. I made it home but never was able to go over 45 mph.
I used the Forscan app on my phone and found I had multiple DTCs. P0263 P0269 P0275. These all are from a KOER contribution self test I performed with the Forscan app. The App and this diagram are in line with each other. On another test I also had P1273 and P1293 these are from a KOEO Injector Electrical Self Test with ForScan.
Does anyone know exactly what it means in the picture above 1273 HIGH TO LOW SIDE OPEN and 1293 HIGH SIDE OPEN, RIGHT GROUP?
I'm sure I have a problem with cylinders 1 3 5 and maybe even 7. These are all on the passenger side of the truck. I'm getting ready to pull the valve cover and see if the wiring harness came loose. It's the only thing I can think of that is a common problem for all three cylinders. I find it hard to believe the injectors all went bad at the same time.
Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Can someone interpret these instructions so a backyard mechanic like me can understand? Here's another screen shot from my AllData.
Water Rectangle Font Screenshot Parallel

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well for anyone that read this original post I wanted to let y'all know I found the problem and fixed it. I disconnected the wiring connector that goes to the outside connector on the passenger side valve cover. Using an DVOM I ohm'd out the center pin to the next two pins on either side of this pin. This pin is the power from the IDM to the injectors. The IDM then sends a ground to the individual injector as needed. Each of my injectors showed an O.L. on the meter. I then checked the driver's side the same way and found each injector read 3.2 kohms. So I removed the valve cover and found the connector was loose by about 1/8" from its socket. I pushed it back in and did the DeiselTechRon trick with the quarter and it fired up like brand new. I wanted to attach a short video but the forum wouldn't allow it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts