Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need an alternator for my truck and I can either get a Reman. alternator from Ford or a new alternator from Advance Auto, both are about the same price. I never seem to have good luck with aftermarket alternators and starters. Are reman. alternators from Ford any better?

·
Your Daddy
198 Posts
I just put an O'Reilly's new not rebuilt alternator on and its working well. Only about 5k on it so far...... Factory one lasted 171k.

·
All done now
22,486 Posts
I have been running an O'Reilly's reman for over 100K, no issues. What kind of warranty does the Ford Reman have. My O'Reilly reman has a lifetime warranty on it.

·
Towing Doubles with the X
233 Posts
I run an Autozone Alternator on mine, just for the lifetime warranty mainly, I got 135K out of my first one and when it went bad, exchanged for a new one, no questions asked..plus if it goes out when out of town, no problem their either.

·
Administrator
32,949 Posts
check out DC power they have all new units and a great track record
plus you can keep your old one and rebuild it for a spare
sorry I can't post a link do to this sites rules

·
Old Yeller, REBORN
2,284 Posts
I run an Autozone Alternator on mine, just for the lifetime warranty mainly, I got 135K out of my first one and when it went bad, exchanged for a new one, no questions asked..plus if it goes out when out of town, no problem their either.
I did this for Warrenty with Napa and they are junk. 2 Alternators later, I traded it in to O'Reillys so I just wouldn't use Napa if I were you.

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
check out DC power they have all new units and a great track record
plus you can keep your old one and rebuild it for a spare
sorry I can't post a link do to this sites rules
The DC is pretty pricey for a 2 yr warranty and I wouldn't buy a light bulb from NAPA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
24 Posts
i had issues with my stock alternator putting out enough juice for all my accessories, i.e. dump trailer w/ elec brakes, snow plow etc. i purchased a new 200 amp alternator and couldn't be happier. i got it from powerbastards.com.
just under $300 shipped. not as cheap as advanced or auto zone but double the output for my distinct needs. stock is about 110. to me if there was a chance i need more in the future i would do it now. but I work the f#ck out of my 7.3. just my opinion

·
Old Yeller, REBORN
2,284 Posts

·
Your Daddy
198 Posts
I was going to get a large case 200 amp alt...

Maybe I could install the dual alt setup and not have to worry about it?

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
I was going to get a large case 200 amp alt...

Maybe I could install the dual alt setup and not have to worry about it?
Probably find that stuff in a boneyard. All ambulances had dual alt. Good luck

1 - 13 of 13 Posts