Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had the system sitting here for about a month now. I opted for this system since it is T-304 and I got a real good price on it since we buy all our trucks and a lot of parts at this dealer.
It's a Ford Racing exhaust....but it's made by Borla (just like their intakes are made by S&B.. )

Very nice system with all the hangers welded to the pipe, everything lines up perfectly and slides together very nicely and it comes with the nice accuseal clamps instead of the u-bolt style.

Pulling the stock system is easy enough...I dropped the spare as the directions stated, but still don't see how you can pull the stock exhaust (from the cat back) out in one piece. Probably possible, but I said "screw it" and grabbed the sawzall to make it easier
Oh, and those "plier" type tools that are made to push the exhaust hangers out of the rubber isolaters are very very nice...quick shot of PB blaster and you push them out in a matter of seconds.

Installation of the system is pretty straight forward and very easy. All the hangers line up pretty well, tighten the clamps and you're done. It is very well built and goes together very nicely and quickly.

Since it's a cat-back with a muffler there isn't a huge change in sound. You really don't notice much with the windows up and the radio on. With the radio off and the windows down you can tell it has a nice rumble to it on acceleration and you definately can here the turbo more with the straight through muffler.

Overall, I'm very pleased with the system.
Since it's my work truck I didn't want something loud just mainly something that looked good, fit good, helped get the hot exhaust gas out quicker and gave it a little more aggressive sound. I feel I got all that with this system.

Pics:

·
Custom Trailer Sales
6,161 Posts
Looks nice, a couple weeks ago I took out my muffler and put in 4" pipe up to the down pipe. still need to replace the stock down pipe!!

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
For warranty issues.....I decided to keep the cat. Right now we have diesel emissions on all trucks plated over 16k, I wouldn't be surprise if they lower that number, and I have this truck plated at 12k.

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That and it's my work truck.....not trying to max it out hp wise or raise any flags at the dealer (they know all too well about my 01 :hehe: )

·
<==Drivin My Boat
528 Posts
Too bad you've got a cat in there. mine seemed to get scared of the factory noise and never made it into the truck :hehe:

·
Boomer Sooner!
369 Posts
hrmmm.. .just get a cat delete pipe and keep the cat just in case :D

mine didn't come with a cat from the factory :)

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
None of our 7.3s (listed in sig) have cats....my 01 is all T-304 SS straight pipe dual exhaust.

I'm leaving the exhaust on the 07 as is......at least for a while.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts