Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
905 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
have any of you guys been running a heavy duty 4r100 from the ford dealer behind their 7.3. its about $1000 cheaper than having mine rebuilt and comes with a torque converter and a 3 year warranty. i was wondering how good they are and if they hold up.

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
What makes it HD? are there actual differences or are they just calling a stock one HD?

·
Registered
905 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no, its not the same. its supposed to have a better torque con.,friction clutches, and an updated valve body. its used as a replacement for f450-f550. costs about 700 bucks more than a reg. 4r100. it sounds to me like ford tried to address all the bad parts of the 4r100 in the HD version.

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
well thats some good info to know about. Ill keep that in mind for when and if mine ever goes.

·
Registered
905 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
check it out online. if what they advertise is true, its a good deal. $2850 with torque con. and 3 year warrenty. thats hard to beat. local shop wanted 5 grand.

·
Village Idiot
8,209 Posts
Ask joe aka csipsd he has one in the ex...iirc loves it.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I have had one since last may. Hasn't skipped a beat. Also, i think it had a 3 year/100k mile warrenty.

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
That seems pretty good. Question is, will the warranty be void if the truck is lifted or modded at all? Probably mostly up to the dealers interpretation...

·
Registered
905 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have had one since last may. Hasn't skipped a beat. Also, i think it had a 3 year/100k mile warrenty.
thanks, that is exactly what i wanted to hear. with a lifted, big tired truck, i would do the install myself. then they dont know what it was put in.

·
Bobs 7.3
2,852 Posts
Most of the time they will want to diagnose the tranny before replacing it so thats when they see what its in and what mods done.

·
Registered
37 Posts
thanks, that is exactly what i wanted to hear. with a lifted, big tired truck, i would do the install myself. then they dont know what it was put in.
Exactly, I installed mine also. I have a good standing relationship with my dealership, but the way it sounded, it was a no questions asked warranty. Be absolute sure to keep the receipt though! I have a copy in my glovebox, and one in my safe LOL

·
Registered
854 Posts
check it out online. if what they advertise is true, its a good deal. $2850 with torque con. and 3 year warrenty. thats hard to beat. local shop wanted 5 grand.
Where did you find ha price at? Do you have a link for us?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Thats what i paid for mine also I believe.

·
Registered
905 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Where did you find ha price at? Do you have a link for us?
no link, but you can go to your local ford dealer and get one right from the parts counter. they have to order it, but you wont pay shipping for it that way. I got mine from R.E. Barber Ford, Holland Michigan. it has a no questions asked, nationwide warranty. seems like a screamin deal to me, my wife on the other hand........

·
Registered
854 Posts
I bet they wouldn't warrenty it if we used our own PI torque convertor and a bts valve body.

·
Bobs 7.3
2,852 Posts
$2,850.00 is a good price. Your local shop wanted 5 grand for a rebuild? Was that with them removing and installing and if so thats still high. For that price you can get a BTS lol and be done with it for good. Better build and warranty and they dont care what you put it in.

·
Registered
905 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
$2,850.00 is a good price. Your local shop wanted 5 grand for a rebuild? Was that with them removing and installing and if so thats still high. For that price you can get a BTS lol and be done with it for good. Better build and warranty and they dont care what you put it in.
yeah, that was taking out and putting it back in. he was talking bullet proof, lifetime warrenty performance rebuild with a converter.

·
Registered
128 Posts
5 grand for a rebuild... Might as well save a little more and BTS it and be done...

1 - 20 of 21 Posts