Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My step mom is looking the two. Does anyone have experience with either vehicles? I personally like the Escape because it's a Ford but does anyone know of any issues with either?

·
Metal - It kicks your ass
3,090 Posts
Well, i don't know much but i do know that Jeep has had a lot of issues.

For one, they are part of Chrysler...
And two,.... well, i think i just covered it all.

:ford::ford::ford::ford::ford::ford::ford::ford:

·
Registered
360 Posts
Ford Escape. My friend and his wife have an 04 Liberty and he tells me all the time how he would like to sell it for an escape.
one thing i think is stupid about jeeps is that the genius' at chrysler put the fuel filter inside the fuel tank with the pump. therefore you have to drop the tank and pull the fuel pump just to change the filter.

also i agree with dirtboy
:ford::ford::ford::ford::ford::ford::ford::ford:

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
i would buy a used liberty to have the diesel. imo. i heard the new escapes ran pretty good though

·
Quality Built!
1,197 Posts
Only Jeep I would buy would be the CTD one. The quality of work on the jeeps is really lacking the few new ones that I have seen people hate them and want to send them back due to the quality issues of the vehicle. Go Escapes they are pretty dang good now.

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Even though we will all be bias to a point, the Escape is a more reliable choice. The Liberty had many issues, the valvetrain being one. The diesel version was awesome on fuel but it was also a tad problematic.

·
All Talk, No Walk?
2,358 Posts
My mom has a 05 Escape and about 90k on it, and it has been trouble free. Just a set of tires last year. Best vehicle she has ever owned!

·
Registered
499 Posts
Just don't buy an escape AWD had one for a year and they get really really crappy gas mileage.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah I feel the same way. I've never been a fan of Jeep. Some of my friends have or have had jeeps and they are constantly throwing money into them. My sister had a Grand Cherokee and literally put as much money into fixing it as she brought if for over three years.

·
Who is Obama?
1,779 Posts
My girlfriends dad and her best friend both have escapes and honestly I would love to have one. They are a really practical and nice and even kinda cool car. I like them a lot.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Ive known 2 people to have escapes and they both have over 100k on them with no problems, every liberty ive seen has seen the shop atleast once for problems. I say go with the escape.

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
Just don't buy an escape AWD had one for a year and they get really really crappy gas mileage.

:confused:My wife had a 04 and now drives an 08, we average 22.5-23 MPG. What more could you ask for?? The only thing we have ever had to do besides oil changes was change the tires and brakes for the first time on the 04 at 93,000 miles:eek:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts