Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey got a good deal on 35in tires on polished stock wheels, and also found a good deal on a 4in lift kit. So the question is what size rear spacer to fit the rear tires????:ford:

·
Registered
226 Posts
if they are 12.5 wide id say a 2.5 inch would prob be enough, i ran 33 12.5 on a obs with 2 inch spacers they were really close but never had problems, only thing if you tow you might want lil extra room to keep sidewalls from rubbing

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So 2.5???

·
Grumpy Old Bitter Bastard
6,476 Posts
I would go to a 2" and if there are issues, you should have enough stud length to add a 1/2" spacer.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I will pull some heavy weight, one would be a 13,000-15,000lb bumper pull toy hauler. should i worry if i have the 2in????

·
Lovin the Tuna
8,353 Posts
My buddy ran ORU's dually spacers on his old dually with 4" lift and 35x12.50 tires. He is supposed to send me some pics later, hopefully has some good ones straight from the back to see. He hasnt had the truck for a while, but was saying he thinks there was about 1.5" space between the treads.

On Edit: ORU says on their site that you can run 12.50 wide tires with their spacers. Im trying to find out the actual size (so you could get any brand spacer your looking at). But my buddy thinks they were 2"

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Lovin the Tuna
8,353 Posts
This is my buddy's old truck. 4" lift, 35x12.50 bfg muds on stock wheels. He had ORU dually spacers on the rear.

This is a good shot of the space. Pretty sure you would be able to haul heavy and not have to worry about sidewalls touching.

·
28 cent #2
2,874 Posts
damnnn that looks nasty.... Powersmoker just did the same thing on his tow rig with the 315 BFG ats that came off of my truck maybe he will chime in. His was just a leveling kit in the front and spacer in the rear. The truck rides, handles, and gets better fuel economy daily driving now.

·
Haters Gonna Hate
5,869 Posts
so he brought the front up 2.5 inchs and threw a spacer on the rear and is running 315's?

·
28 cent #2
2,874 Posts

·
Haters Gonna Hate
5,869 Posts
thats B A..... how do u guys think it would look on a shortbed dually? with a set of goodyear duratracs

·
Science rulz
1,424 Posts

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
This is my buddy's old truck. 4" lift, 35x12.50 bfg muds on stock wheels. He had ORU dually spacers on the rear.

This is a good shot of the space. Pretty sure you would be able to haul heavy and not have to worry about sidewalls touching.
What are ORU spacers??????

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

·
Lovin the Tuna
8,353 Posts
To be honest, i dont know but would venture to take a guess the biggest thing is the name. But you also have to look at if they are hub-centric or not and just how they are built. I dont remember if those ORU ones are hub-centric or not. I just know that was what he had on the truck. Wish he still had it so i could take some measurements and what not for you.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts