Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Responded to a vehicle fire. It was an 03 F350 CC with a big C on the back tailgate. Engine compartment fire while sitting in the driveway. The fire was contained to the driver side of the engine. The rest of the truck was really clean.
The first thing that came to mind was the speed control deactivation recall, as I had just done mine. The owner said he had not done the recall. This may or may not be the case but it started in that area. Cheap insurance.
He was a really cool guy and said he did all the conversion work himself. It had a 6.0L in it originally.
Sorry, no pics.

·
Firefighter/EMT
233 Posts
Went to a vehicle fire today too...except it was a mack semi and it was in a warehouse full of pallets...started to spray it down and it started up by itself so i kept spraying til she quit! pretty tough old truck!

·
wheres the fat chicks?
1,833 Posts
that really sucks...all that labor and money gone and could have been prevented with a free visit to the dealership

·
Registered
193 Posts

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
That'll teach him to be a quitter. Really, that sucks to see all your work and money destroyed. I wonder if his ins will pay if he did the conv?

·
nobody likes a quitter
447 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts