Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
King Dingaling
9,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
During my Dynatrac install I decided to see how hard it would be to just replace the stock bearings.

Well....getting it out is too easy,..remove C-clip, flip over hub,..knock it out by hitting the outter race with something and Voila!...done.

Now for the hard part...finding the bearing...

After spending hours on the phone, and the internet,...I found the only place/country that had them in Japan...to be exact...Tianjin, Zhejiang, Guangdong, Jiangsu, and Shanghai.

After talking to a couple companies, I found them!!!!

Kaman Industrial Technologies can get them....I'm talking with one of the Reps tomorrow on pricing and availability.

So now if anyone says that 05+ front wheel bearings can only be purchased through Ford, and only as one complete hub assembly($280-$500).......you can now tell them that there are other ways to skin a cat.

·
Registered
243 Posts
That is good to know because my fathers truck is going to be needing some soon, 120,000 on all stock front end.

·
Haters Gonna Hate
5,869 Posts
ok tank then find me a set for my 04' please... ive been looking and only finding hole assemblies for about 200$ a peice

·
King Dingaling
9,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok tank then find me a set for my 04' please... ive been looking and only finding hole assemblies for about 200$ a peice
the needle bearings on the back side are Torrington B-2110 ..$7ea

but the the entire wheel assembly is impossible to find right now...but if you had an extra one to take apart...anything can be found.

·
Canadian Stroker
577 Posts
I live about 15 min from a kaman bearing. I use to go there all the time when I was a tower crane tech. Is the bearing the same for the older superdutys?
Like a 2002?

·
King Dingaling
9,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
as of right now the only replaceable one I can find for the older models trucks is the needle bearing.....Torrington B-2110 ..$7ea

The wheels hub bearings are part of the hub assembly, and need to be purchased as one unit....sorry

·
King Dingaling
9,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
OK here it is 05+ wheel bearing:

Hank at Kaman Industrial Technologies--1-850-484-7000

the part # on the bearing - 6009LU...transfers to SKF 60092RS JEM

$57.52 ea.

He was amazed that the bearing Ford uses,..he says it's a light duty bearing that shouldn't be in a truck for anything other than a clutch fan bearing...LOL

·
Haters Gonna Hate
5,869 Posts
damnit..... i shoulda bought a damn 2wd..... first 4wd i ever owned and will be the last 4wd daily driver i own... to many parts to wear out that im not even using!

·
Registered
375 Posts
I can't believe Ford used this little bearing for the front of our diesel trucks...

Sorry, to resurrect an old thread, did you ever remove one of the outside shields from the bearing to verify the construction?

And there is only one bearing, not 2?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts