Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many switches are there to adjust, fold and extend the power mirrors? I am gearing up to add 2011 mirror to my 2002 F350 and I found a switch for the 2011's that appears to fold/unfold and adjust (mirror glass) the mirrors but I am not positive. It has joystick with a L/R selector and at the bottom a fold. I am assuming I would still need another switch for the power telescope but on the pics I have seen of the new door panels I only see one switch. Does it work in conjunction with the other L/R selector?

I hope my question is not too confusing:doh:

·
Registered
278 Posts
One switch is used to extend the mirror. Its kinda a "rocker" switch...push the left side of the switch, mirrors go out, push the right side, mirrors come in...all off the one switch. The joystick doing the rest is correct.

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
TWO switches to do all functions of the '11 mirrors.
Almost looked silly because of the wording of 2nd strokes post, didn't see all of his post! Rocker does the telescoping, joystick folds and adjusts!

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies. I ordered the joystick one and just need to order the other for the extend/retract

·
'05 Excursion
1,948 Posts
Are you ordering Ford switched? If so could post the part numbers as this is on my to-do list.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Although not part of the door panel, don't forget there is the defroster switch on the dash as well. And certainly one could choose not to connect the defroster.

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Good Point RedRocket, I forgot these were not like the older ones, where they were on all the time, I had my heated lighted mirrors on my 03, (XLT) on a rocker switch too.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts