Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When are you guys hitting the switch when on a Dyno? I hit it around 30lbs and Im thinking this is too late. Im going on the rollers in the morning.

·
Registered
653 Posts
My first stage is on a WOT switch, it activates around 1900-2000rpm's. Depending on track condition, some times I'll roll into the throttle a little slower and it activates at 2300-2400rpm's. Second stage is on a button, I hit it as soon as I'm WOT on the dyno and on the track I wait till it is in third or else I'd chatter the tires and lose precious milaseconds.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
if its one stage hit it WOT. havent you already made like 800 before?
doing this + N/X Super Shark + 136 jet = A Huge Nitrous backfire.
My trans was slipping on the fuel only runs bad enough it didnt want to hold 5th. Knowing it wasnt a want to build my trans but a must I decided to see if I could explode it. Well I some what did it but managed to only do something to 5th. But it was pretty funny to watch the people scatter when it backfired.

·
Registered
803 Posts
Wait until you have full boost to hit it. You won't have crazy low rpm numbers and only about 1500rpm or less worth of peak power, but it's much safer. Two stages is actually pretty tough to fit into a dyno pull, especially if it's two larger stages.

·
Laces Out
12,314 Posts
doing this + N/X Super Shark + 136 jet = A Huge Nitrous backfire.
My trans was slipping on the fuel only runs bad enough it didnt want to hold 5th. Knowing it wasnt a want to build my trans but a must I decided to see if I could explode it. Well I some what did it but managed to only do something to 5th. But it was pretty funny to watch the people scatter when it backfired.
yea well, you never mentioned a .136 ... :hehe:

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That and the shark = way too much NOS for a stock fuel system and trans. After talking to other people who use sharks I need jet down from where I was last year and I also found out the Shark flows 8.8lbs of nos in 10 secs. Is there anything besides the Suncoast superduty rebuild kit, billet shaft, and TC I should get?

·
Fierro Racing
1,509 Posts
That and the shark = way too much NOS for a stock fuel system and trans. After talking to other people who use sharks I need jet down from where I was last year and I also found out the Shark flows 8.8lbs of nos in 10 secs. Is there anything besides the Suncoast superduty rebuild kit, billet shaft, and TC I should get?
John wood transmissions

·
Registered
613 Posts
He used to. Doesnt do much now. Yes. Get the billet intermediate shaft from suncoast. Few of us have been breaking them.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts