Discussion Starter #1
For the$$ what is the best scanned??

I guess I would be willing to spend $300.00 or $400.00

Thanks
John

·
Boost Gets You Laid
160 Posts
If you have multiple vehicles, you cant go wrong with finding a used Snap-on MT2500 or SOLUS. Some guys sell them with a bunch of keys for all makes and models. I just picked up a MT2500 for $100 with 20 keys for stuff ill never even get and you can do everything with the MT2500 that you can do with AE.

·
The Fireman
4,810 Posts
$100 for a snap on scanner and 20 keys for it LOL

Where are you getting that from? Them scanners sell for over $1000

for the OP your best bet is to get AE... It is easy to use and does AWESOME data logging.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

for the OP your best bet is to get AE... It is easy to use and does AWESOME data logging.
Am I sseing it right...
A few hundred for the basic AE and then I would have to spend a Few hundred more for the Ford Stuff??

·
Demon Dually
5,140 Posts

They are on ebay all the time for around 200-400 bucks. If you are lucky enough to pick one up that cheap though you got an amazing deal.

·
Boost Gets You Laid
160 Posts

Yes, you heard it right. I picked it up for $100 and yes they go for over $2000 fairly new. Scan the classifieds everywhere and on ebay. I picked mine up on a Turbo Buick forum that I am on too. Deals can be had.

·
Lovin the Tuna
8,353 Posts
The snap on scanner thing going on, thats crazy... I believe you, but seems like a once in a lifetime, wont happen again kinda thing.

To the OP, get AE, its less than 400 shipped with the Ford Package. It also can be used to pull OBDII codes on other make cars/trucks. I have used it on my camaro, my girlfriends acura, a buddies mazda, and a few other cars.

·
Boost Gets You Laid
160 Posts

·
Boost Gets You Laid
160 Posts
Yep just ended for $89.95. Cheaper than i got my deal for! AE is an awesome program. Im not knocking it at all. Just dont want to pay the money.

·
Demon Dually
5,140 Posts
I have an MT2500 myself that I picked up off ebay a long time ago for 400 but it came with every adapter there is and 23 keys and everything but the vct/tsi cartridges. I personally love it. I haven't used AE myself but have heard great things about it. My only issue with AE is needing a laptop to use it. I even bought a spare brick main unit for 75 bucks just in case something happens to this one. Any way you look at it, they all work wonders when figuring out what the hell is wrong with your truck so use what you got or can afford I guess is the real answer.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts