Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Peon
727 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Background:
I just installed a new Western Digital Scorpio Black 320 GB hard drive in my 2.2 Macbook Pro.

Prior to installing I made a full bootable clone of my old internal HD onto an external drive that is now disconnected and sitting in a closet.

I put the WD drive into an external inclosure, formatted it, and installed OSX Snow Leopard onto it through a FW400 connection (don't think that would make a difference.

Once Snow Leopard was installed I ran Migration Assistant to transfer over my apps/documents/iTunes and iPhoto libraries--apparently it ran properly.

After that I physically swapped the drives and put the OEM HD into the same enclosure I just used to format the new Western Digital HD.

Problem:
I can't figure out how to open up those media libraries and transfer my apps and Safari preferences/bookmarks over to the new user/admin account I set up when first booting the new HD so any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Peon
727 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
To hell with it--I'm reinstalling Snow Leopard and will drag my libraries over manually. It's more tedious that way but I have the time so it's no big loss...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts