Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Smarty Power!
2,567 Posts
Never seen or heard of them before.

I've got a set of Super Duty fog lights mounted in the plastic squares of the bumper. Fits perfect, and looks stock.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Could you post some pics?

It seems like they would not fit with the black plastic border.

What did you do about a switch?

·
Registered
3,383 Posts
Wonder if they are for the new light duty F250 of 98 and the diesel is a typo??? Don't look the right shape to fit in the bumper holes...but you might be able to make em fit..
I have used Bosche Pilot 150 fogs in the stock bumper holes and they just fit height wise...you do have to cut out the mid-hole vertical plastic post though. What I did was get the clear yellow spot beam (as compared to the actual fog beam pattern) and put in PIAA plasma Ion Yellow H3 bulbs....work great and put out plenty of light for fogs...

jrc

·
Canadian Eh
675 Posts
Wonder if they are for the new light duty F250 of 98 and the diesel is a typo??? Don't look the right shape to fit in the bumper holes...but you might be able to make em fit..
ya i think so.. they look the same as the factory ones in my 98 f150

·
Official Tranny Abuser
89 Posts
PIAA makes some very nice spot/fog combo lights. They work very, very well but have a hefty price tag. They also fit perfect in the bumper cutouts.

·
Registered
2,761 Posts

·
Official Tranny Abuser
89 Posts

·
Smarty Power!
2,567 Posts
I'll get some pics for you in the next day or so...

Mine are wired into a relay and 3 way switch. Parking lights have to be on for them to be on, and I can turn them off alone, have them on all the time, or to shut off with the high beams and on with the lows.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Will the lightning lights fit or do they have different holes?

What about the 150s or Broncos did they have any stock fog lights?

Why did you set it up your fogs to turn off when your highs are on?

I set up my Jeep so the fogs will stay on when the highs are on also. Its nice because they are very wide and shoot a close pattern so they fill the gap between the Jeep and the High range. My truck will be set up the same!!
If you try it you will like it.

I feel there is NO such thing as too much light.

·
Registered
3,383 Posts
Have my lights wired via relays with the trigger switch hooked to "Key On" only power, then through switch on the door and though an old fashion floor switch. Works like this, engine running turn switch to on and hit floor switch this triggers lights on. Also triggers the light in the door switch to light up....in this way it's kinda like a high beam light in that when driving lights are on the switch light is on too...

jrc

·
STILL LEARNING
18,324 Posts
The factory lightning switch will work. It goes in the instrument cluster trim panel to the rightof the steering wheel. The lightning fog lights will not work due to they were mounted below the bumper in the air dam.

·
STILL LEARNING
18,324 Posts
I actually use the stock lightning switch in my 97 f350 in the panel to the right of the panel shown

1 - 20 of 25 Posts