Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to install fact fog lights on my early 99. What will it take? I want a fact install, not a toggle switch affair. Thanks for any info.

·
Super Hauler!
3,882 Posts
lights, mounts, wire and a fog light switch that you pull out to turn the lights on. pretty easy!

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, are these available in the salvage yards or does places like LMC truck have them?

·
Super Hauler!
3,882 Posts
lmc has everything but it will cost ya, i would look on internet and salvage yards see what you can find. Ebay is where i find all my junk

·
JDG's #1 Fan
3,470 Posts

·
<---Peggy Sue
842 Posts
is there a way to make the factory fog lights on an 01 come on with out having the headlights on with all factory switches?

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
They way I wired up my fog lights when I had them, I took and ran a trigger wire from the parking lights. Ran the trigger to a relay, and wire up the relay to turn them on. Worked well for me.

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks guys!!

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Did you get this to work? Because on 99-00 trucks a fact switch (01 up) for foglights wont plug-in to that harness. Also 01 up the relay is hard wired into the main harness behind the glove box. My truck is a 00 and i have looked into this. I have all the stuff foglights, switch, mounts etc. It looked like I was goin to have to pull the pins out of my harness and change plugs and then iirc the yellow wire on the other switch sends current out when you pull it. And I was goin to go from there. But I would love to know an easier way.

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm finding that I'm gonna install a push pull switch somewhere under the dash to a relay to the lights. I'm lazy!! Maybe just putting a lot of time converting from srw to dually right now so time is scarce.

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
I think wiring a trigger wire from the parking lights is the fastest and easiest way lol. Power wire from battery to a relay installed by the battery, trigger wire from parking light.

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Then the fog lights will be on anytime the lights are on, correct? I want them seperate so if I don't need them they are not on. I'll need to try it and see.

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I used a push-pull fired from a keyed source and a relay mounted by the batt. Works great. Put it on the bottom of column out of sight.

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
I like to have stuff working like factory if I can Ill let you know how switching the wires and such goes once I get it done

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I like to have stuff working like factory if I can Ill let you know how switching the wires and such goes once I get it done
I do also but wouldn't put out the $120 for the headlight switch. Plus I wanted them to operate seperate of the head/park lights.

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
how can i get my fact foglights on my 01 to work without having the headlights on?
Like I did, see previous post. A small push/pull switch and a relay.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts