Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Transfer Student from TDS
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will oem fog lights work on my bumper? The truck came with a reunel front bumper when I bought it and when I sold it and part of the sell was the guys stock bumper. I want to put fog lights back on the truck and I cant figure out if they will work with the bumper. I see some trucks with and without them so I just confused to know if my will accept them. Here is a pic of my front end. Thanks for the help.

Attachments

·
Transfer Student from TDS
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Very nice thanks for the quick response.

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
the only deal would be the wiring since yours would not have the wires for the lights...and the switch. You could just use a cheap fog light wire harness to hook them up...and also could buy a newer headlight switch to hook them up to. but you could just use a cheapo switch too..

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
I used a relay, since my truck didnt have the wiring for it either. Got a trigger off the parking lights. Worked well, until my bumper got tweaked and my foglight broke.

·
Registered
579 Posts
if you get a wiring diagram you can find the wires for your lights, the switch should still be installed regardless of if your truck has them installed or not. try this.... turn your head lights on and then pull out on that same knob doing that will turn on your fog lights if installed correctly. Its put in that way so whenever you turn off your head lights the fog lights go off as well.

also just because your truck didnt come with them installed doesnt mean the plugs (into the wiring harness) are not there. you may have to buy a harness to get to the plug from the back of the fog light.

for instance all super duty trucks are wired for cab lights but not all have them. the plug for them is located behind the passenger kick panel just below the glove box.... and like i said the switch is the same switch thats used in trucks without them installed.

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
I don't think the switches for the 99 work with fog lights... it may beable to pull out but I don't think there is anything to hook it up too..

do yours work with fog lights??

I think 2000 or 2001 was the first year they were installed with the wire harness. ??

·
OBS junkie
8,250 Posts
I'm pretty sure 01 was the first year they started the factory fog lights. Haven't seen any 99 or 00 Superdutys with em.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Hmm... my switch must be aftermarket then. I just got to lookin at the lights, and wiring harness hooked up to them and it does look aftermarket, i guess i just never looked at it that closely.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts