Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just picked up a '96 7.3 crew with 216k miles tonight so I can keep the nice truck parked for the winter and Starbucks runs. Had a '16 6.7 so not new to Powerstrokes. But this is my first OBS. Looking forward to learning more from you all.

Automotive parking light Tire Wheel Automotive side marker light Vehicle

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Vehicle registration plate

Vehicle Hood Motor vehicle Car Automotive design

Truck already has a Banks tune and a S&B CAI. I think it has a straight pipe exhaust on it. Will will need to spend some time next weekend and really dig into what it all has.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Drove nice the 3 hours to work once I lowered the tire pressures down from 60/80. But the headlights need to replaced with something better.

Also, what fuel treatment is good these days? I don't remember the one I used in the 6.7. Ordering up a few cases of T4 oil today.

Registered
I run 55 in the rear and 60 in the fronts on my 96 unless I am going to be towing or have a heavy load. Then I'll up the rears.

As for additives, I'll put in a bottle of Stanadyne Performance Formula if it is going to be sitting for a while or if I have older diesel in the tanks, then I'll go for a good drive to get it through the lines.

My truck is now a garage queen. I only use it when I need a truck and for long hauls, I'll head out for a 2500 mile round trip come this February but other than that I'll only put around 4000 miles a year on it now.

Reactions: Nex

Registered
Just picked up a '96 7.3 crew with 216k miles tonight so I can keep the nice truck parked for the winter and Starbucks runs. Had a '16 6.7 so not new to Powerstrokes. But this is my first OBS. Looking forward to learning more from you all.
View attachment 207126

View attachment 207127

View attachment 207128

Truck already has a Banks tune and a S&B CAI. I think it has a straight pipe exhaust on it. Will will need to spend some time next weekend and really dig into what it all has.
Looking great ! Welcome to the forum

1 - 10 of 10 Posts