Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Big Island Powerstroke
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
alright guys ive got a pretty irritating problem. my trucks been down for a while with FICM issues and what not, so i had a buddy come to my house and reflash the truck (thinking if i do that, the truck would run better because he said the PCM and FICM would be in "sync" with each other) ive threw in several diffrent FICMS to no avail. well to get to the problem i got the reflash, called up innovative diesel gave them the new strategy, got the xtremerace tune, installed it into the truck and it runs like ####... what could be my problem? did i make a rookie mistake and didnt know the tuner was "locked" to my old strategy, and so installing the new tune i got into the truck fck it up? i need help guys i cant keep throwing money at this thing and if i have to pay SCT 150$ to unlock my tuner im litterally gonna slam my head multiple times threw my dry wall. or is this something eric can help me out with? :psnb:

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
just make sure you dont hit a stud in the drywall... then your day would really suck. did you try to run it stock? how did it run? I would try to isolate the problem to the programmer before putting all my eggs in that basket, it sounds like there are other issues coming into play here.

·
FNG
6,018 Posts
Sounds like you need to get your FICM issues taken care of first.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Whats running like **** mean? Whats it doing??

·
Big Island Powerstroke
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
there is no throttle response what so ever, and no power in stock form without the tune. the FICM issue is solved because i got a new one, and the ford tech Updated the PCM so everything is good. just after the reflash the truck doesnt compare to what it was stock for stock so i bought custom tunes from eric thinking that would solve my power loss but i install the new tune with with new ford reflash strategy, and the problem is still there if that makes sense?

*EDIT:
my tuner also says it locked in xtremerace when the tunes in and my device is locked, but when i return to stock its not locked? idk this whole thing is driving me nuts..

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
Any codes? Do you know your fuel pressure? Did the problem show up out of the blue or after something was changed? Do you have access to a scan tool for some live readings? ICP? IPR? ........

·
Big Island Powerstroke
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
will check ICP and IPR this evening. no codes other then that. replaced fuel pump with new so i know fuel is getting to the front of the truck. just after the reflash everything ran like crap.. so that why i got the custom tune, ive had custom tunes on the truck before. but im thinking that mayby the problem is my SCT tuner? i bought it back in 06 from elite diesel so it was mated to my trucks strategy then. so after i got the truck reflashed at the dealer i pulled the new strategy and got new tunes. was the tuner still locked from my first strategy?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts