Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whenever I stick the clutch in my oil pressure drops all the way off . Sometimes it comes back up , but , then sometimes it will stay really low . The motor is brand new and I didnt know if maybe inconsistent or varying oil pressure might be a characteristic of a motor that hasnt broke in yet or what .

·
Registered
499 Posts
Mine was doing the same thing, does it die sometimes? I removed my IPR and cleaned it, it still drops a little but not near like it did. The directions for the disassembly and cleaning are on her just do a searcy, I think Airsley has it on his post.

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Is this the stock gauge on an OBS or do you have an aftermarket gauge (and is it on the lube oil pressure side or the High Pressure oil side)? If it's the factory gauge, the gauge is really more of a glorified idiot light. The stock pressure sending unit is not really that, it is only a pressure switch that switches off at low pressure (less than about 6psi) and opens above that. When above the threshold, the gauge is supposed to read mid-scale. Cheers!

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It is the stock gauge. I think one of the banks was unplugged and that was the problem.

·
Registered
51 Posts
On mine it was loose grounds on the engine making the oil pressure gauge go all over the place. I noticed it worked fine in the rain so that pointed me right at bad grounds. After I cleaned them all the gauge started working perfect and the engine ran a lot better too.

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
stock gauge is just an on/off switch it only looks for 7 psi . get a real gauge for true readings.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts