Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my fuel gauge doesn't know wtf it wants to do...one minute im at a 1/4 of a tank, the next minute I'm empty. one minute im full, the next minute im at 3/4...

Is there anyway to fix it so its not all messed up and is accurate? I'd rather not put in a new fuel gauge, Id rather have the stock one...any ideas?

:poke:

·
Demon Dually
5,140 Posts
Does it do this with both tanks? If it only does it on one tank then either it is a bad ground or a faulty float assembly. If it does it on both tanks then it could be a bad connection at or through the selector valve, the switch, or the gauge itself is faulty.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Took forever to answer you Speed, but it does it in both tanks. Reads full when full but I take like lefts or rights and the gauge will fluxuate...its so retarded...

·
Demon Dually
5,140 Posts
That is in the gauge and not the tanks then. I am not sure if you can replace just the fuel gauge separately on these clusters.

·
OBS junkie
8,250 Posts
What year is the truck? My 93 had a bad habit of bouncing from half to 1/4 when coming to a stop then going back up again. But my 97 doesn't have that issue.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts