Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did the search on this, and need alittle more info...i want to flush the brake fluid on my 02 F250 and will probably do it myself....i have been told that you can put a hose on the bleeder screw, submerse the end of the hose in brake fluid in a container (jar) and pump the brakes, keeping the master cyl. full at all times, and not get air into the system......anybody try this? Also, what brake fluid to use? I read DOT 4....is one brand better than another? Thanks for any info, as i always get the best info and advice from the stroke forum....rsbhunter

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Ok, found a link on making a pressure fluid flush from a garden sprayer...seeing as i had an old one, will do this method...is DOT4 and Dot 3 compatible? Isn't it only DOT 5 that shouldn't be used? Thanks again...rsbhunter

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
Ok, found a link on making a pressure fluid flush from a garden sprayer...seeing as i had an old one, will do this method...is DOT4 and Dot 3 compatible? Isn't it only DOT 5 that shouldn't be used? Thanks again...rsbhunter
3 and 4 are but why bother? Suck out all the old one from the reservoir, pour new fluid in and let it bleed out. By the time it gets to the end, you have DOT 4 there.

·
Registered
920 Posts
Do the Power Steering - Hydro boost flush also.

·
Lubrication Addict!!
430 Posts
rsb: you have the flush right... Do the passenger back side first... Then Drivers side rear...Then passenger side front then drivers side front... The fronts you won't have to pump the brakes...Gravity will do all the work...

I used clear tubing to see when the old fluid was done flowing and an 20oz plastic bottle from a pop... I just drilled a hole in the cap and slid the plastic tubing down through the hole.... Works perfect... Just keep that reservoir full...

Either Dot 3 or 4 will work fine... I wish I would have been doing this yrs ago... It's very easy... took about 1 hour... Really made a difference in break feel...I just did this flush 3 months ago...

I bought 2 bottles of Valvoline Synthetic 32oz... I had maybe 1/4 bottle left after the flush...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.