Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Drink til she's cute
4,873 Posts
There is a thread on it already..lots of good info to use to make up your mind

·
Registered
2,079 Posts
seems like people like them, they quiet it down and it runs smoother. i know bigrpowr has stated he likes his. thug started a thread on it.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Well, thanks for nothin'. Drink your coffee and go back to the TDS.
F***ing horse wisperers.
Where's my coffee??!!!!!!
I friggin' did the search for you. My point is use the search tools so we do not have so many redundant threads/posts as The Drama Stop. There is a lot of interesting information in that thread. No reason to start a new one. Executive Summary: Seems ok for 7.3s but may accelerate LPOP failure in 6.0s.

·
DI POWER
1,278 Posts
I have one. Truck idles smooth as glass, revs faster, on the highway its a diffent animal, get one.

·
Registered
6,652 Posts
If he wanted to start a new thread it's fine with us.

We could start every possible thread, all give our opinion, then lock it down to search only.
Obviously that's not what we want to do since traffic is what make the world go round.

The link could have been provided without the commentary, that is what people don't like about other sites.

Ashley, to answer your question. There's some good reading on the link that was provided, and a FD is on my list :D

·
Hated by All
747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for clearing that up Greg:D
Would you put in a melling oil pump while you were at it, or is that un-necessary??

·
Registered
6,652 Posts
Melling high volume? If the stock LPOP is strong I wouldn't touch it.

If it needs one anyway I've heard the melling is a good option.

·
Registered
6,652 Posts
Dang, ya got BB all excited.

His thread pager went off this morning and got him out of bed.

Next time spell it wrong so his warez don't pick it up!

:poke: :hehe:

·
you want some of this?
2,922 Posts
Melling high volume? If the stock LPOP is strong I wouldn't touch it.

If it needs one anyway I've heard the melling is a good option.
So there is an aftermarket oil pump for the 7.3?
Anyone got a link? I need to replace mine very soon.

·
Village Idiot
8,209 Posts

·
Registered
2,085 Posts
Ya, I've got a slightly used Melling high volume pump that I replaced the factory lube pump with. If you are going to do a FD then you might as well put the high volume pump in it since the hard part is done and you only have 4 more bolts to get the pump housing and rotors off.

I've got a FD and it works very well. Idles just like glass. For the longest time I had to look at the tach to see how many RPMs I was turning if I had the radio turned up cause I couldn't hear the engine and couldn't really feel it either. Worth the money IMO.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts