Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Drink til she's cute
4,873 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it worth it?
Is it gonna help even with a balanced bottom end?
I know the Dodge boys swear by it. Who has first hand experience with it and would like to share the before and after?

·
AllYourBaseAreBelongToUs
13,954 Posts
You've probably already talked with him about it, but David said in his opinion it's not worth it. Of course, I put a girdle on my new motor when he said it wasn't necessary so.....:D I may end up putting one on sooner or later. I look at it as it's a relatively cheap thing that may or may not work, but it doesn't hurt to have it on there so with the $$$ that's gone into these motors, what the heck.

·
Drink til she's cute
4,873 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's exactly where I am at with it...what the heck.

·
Drink til she's cute
4,873 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
good deal..thanks biggie

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
I know some of the 6L have had problems w/ the fluidampr,but then again thats a 6l and not a 7.3.

·
Drink til she's cute
4,873 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Jeremy!!!....F those 6 leakers.

·
Laces Out
12,314 Posts
6 leakers have the prob because it is too much weight on the crank, and causes the front cover to break in the high hp applications.

·
Harry Callahan
991 Posts
6 leakers have high horsepower :confused:

Jason, where did you get some info about fluidamper on a dodge ;)

·
Drink til she's cute
4,873 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
oh...I don't know

·
Banned
1,110 Posts
Its well worth it. Everyone has an opinion, and on a 7.3 its standard issue for us. Of course, we've never run 129, dropped the crank on the track, or leaned anything out, so keep that in mind.

·
Drink til she's cute
4,873 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ouch!!!

·
Drink til she's cute
4,873 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
BB you going to be in Houston..........BTW thanks for the input

·
AllYourBaseAreBelongToUs
13,954 Posts
DA FLIPPA!!! :D

·
Registered
8,011 Posts
Its well worth it. Everyone has an opinion, and on a 7.3 its standard issue for us. Of course, we've never run 129, dropped the crank on the track, or leaned anything out, so keep that in mind.
If BB says it's good I would buy it.

BB
Don't you have a balance sheet to show for the fuid dampner.

·
Proud PSN Sponsor!
2,171 Posts
6 leakers have the prob because it is too much weight on the crank, and causes the front cover to break in the high hp applications.
I don't believe that's entirely accurate. While the static weight of the damper is higher than stock by a few pounds, the "felt weight" while running is less due to the fact that the inertia ring is not fixed to the rest of the damper.

They are actively looking at the issue of breaking LPOP gears to determine the cause.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts