Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dampener has the innards getting squeezed (whatever you want to call it) out, and I was wondering if anyone has tried these. Pricey but mabye worth it for the longevity of the motor? Input please.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ordered.

·
Modded by a Chevy Express
425 Posts
Installed one on my project truck engine, probably won't be running for anther year or so.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I guess I'm a little confused. I am pretty heavy into 460 Ford engines and the general consensus among that group is they shun the fluidamper like the plague. They say it hardens up inside and throws everything out of balance and breaks crankshafts and other damage. Why would you guys use something like this? I use my 95 PSD for towing and I will never put one of these on it.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well i know that it will be better then whats on there now. but this is a interesting point. what brand do they use then?

·
'05 Excursion
1,948 Posts
What about the one ATI sells?

·
The Town Piddler
121 Posts
I guess I'm a little confused. I am pretty heavy into 460 Ford engines and the general consensus among that group is they shun the fluidamper like the plague. They say it hardens up inside and throws everything out of balance and breaks crankshafts and other damage. Why would you guys use something like this? I use my 95 PSD for towing and I will never put one of these on it.
I have seen that also in the gasser world... While I don't run one myself my buddy has one on his 6.7 dodge for the past 60k miles and it's given im no problems except for a visibly smoother running engine

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi Guys,

My name is Ivan and I work for Fluidampr. I am here to clear up the confusion about our dampers. The viscous silicone does not harden up, break crankshafts or throw the rotating assembly out of balance.

Our viscous silicone is a thin layer of fluid between the damper housing and internal inertia ring. This technology allows the damper to do its job across the entire RPM range vs. a certain frequancy bandwidth found with elastomeric (rubber) dampers. Viscous silicone is also a much better dissipater of heat. Unlike rubber dampers, our dampers do not need to be rebuilt or retuned and in a performance application will last the life of the engine. Heavy duty (over the road truck) applications we recommend replacing the damper every 500,000 miles.

The fact of the matter is our dampers are used and endorsed by top engine builders around the world including names like Gale Banks Power, Haisley Machine, Scheid Diesel and many more. We also supply many OEM companies such as John Deere, Detroit Diesel, GE Locomotive, etc.

All I ever have to tell poeple is would John Deere and these companies use and endorse our dampers if they broke crankshafts or did not perform as we say?

Please feel free to let me know if you have any questions I may be able to answer.

Thanks
-Ivan

P.s. we just put dampers into production for the 6.7 and 6.4.

·
'05 Excursion
1,948 Posts
I was wondering if the fluid damper on our sixteen cylinder Diesel generator was made by you. Cool!!

·
Cantankerous Old Redneck
627 Posts
they've also been used on Cummins Diesel engines for about a hunnert years......

·
Registered
998 Posts
I just installed mine. My truck has 208,000 miles on it and runs pretty well but this thing did make a noticeable difference in how smooth it idles, accelerates and runs at highway speed. It's weird, but the acceleration feels more stable. I did get a SD water pump pulley to swap out. I don't want to have to pull the fan to swap a belt on the side of the road.

Well worth the investment, especially since I got the Fluidampr for $200.

Rusty

·
Registered
998 Posts
Definitely made my truck a little quieter!
That too. Not so much cold, but once it is warmed up it is quieter. Now e-fuel will go in soon and I will coat the valve covers and possible the oil pan with some type of sound deadener.

Rusty

·
OBS Stroker
1,004 Posts

·
Registered
998 Posts
Why would you have to pull the fan?
With the OBS pulley, there isn't enough space between it and the Fluidampr to slide the belt in or out. And to remove the pulley, the fan/clutch needs to come off first. By installing a SD pulley that is smaller in diameter, you can avoid all of that hassle.

Rusty

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I noticed a slightly smoother idle.
And also slightly smoother on highway.

·
OBS Stroker
1,004 Posts
With the OBS pulley, there isn't enough space between it and the Fluidampr to slide the belt in or out.
Rusty
Interesting...
Good to know.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Not picking on AzFairlane, just making the point about "urban" legends like the one above, lots have heard of it but no eye witness can be found and if one has broken or done damage the whole story is not being told.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts