Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
blackbetty13
736 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For summer i'm wanting to go on a road trip to florida. Im starting to save up money and stuff. Im just wonder were is a good spot. im looking to fish, go on beach, and just have an all around good time what city is the best for this. i would like to research and do my homework early so ill no how much its going to cost. Thanks for the feedback

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
im glad you started this tread, my wifes got me taken her their this summer.
Ive never been, im more of stay in the woods guy myself.

·
blackbetty13
736 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
im pretty excited about the hole deal. id like to get away, and i figured florida is the way to go.

·
Registered
845 Posts
For fishing it's important to know what kind. You can beach fish off any beach in Florida, also the piers are eveywhere. If you have a small boat you can do the Evergaldes, fresh or salt. Hell, I fish out of my canoe in the 10,000 island area, and Flamingo area. The Tampa Bay St.pete area is about the same, you don't need anything fancy. The Keys have the old Bridges you can fish off of and around them.

Don't forget Cedar Key - Swannee area on the west coast and St. Augustine to the east coast.

I could go on and on but you get the idea......

·
Registered
235 Posts
Miami is busy as hell and doesn't sound like your place unless your just there to party. Orlando is definitley worth a look for the girls! Wow! But haven't fished in Fl much but if I did, I'd probably look at Saint Pete's Sarasota area,lots of passage ways and beach areas to fish if you look around like Fddriver2 said. Otherwise a fishing charter off panama city beach cuz it's close to you and a fun place too. Redneck panhandle baby!

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
im not much of a fisherman, more of a hunter.
but orlando sounds nice i think that where my wife wants to go anyway see that big azz fish in the tank.
What are some other sites to see while down there

·
blackbetty13
736 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well i have an 18 foot flat bottom floundering boat that i could trailor out there but i figured. i would go offshore as well. but if i can get my boat going thats a thought. i like catch reds and trout all day. trying to get an all around spot because im trying to limit on spending.

·
40 lug nuts
3,433 Posts
im not much of a fisherman, more of a hunter.
but orlando sounds nice i think that where my wife wants to go anyway see that big azz fish in the tank.
What are some other sites to see while down there
Orlando is pretty cool, but you should also seriously consider St Augustine.

The Keys are another must visit location.

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
if you want to hunt and fish and not as touristy as south fl,the panhandle is pretty nice.panama city beach,destin,navarre beach,pensacola beach area are all nice,theres also perdido key area outside pensacola between pcola and the alabama state line.

also small town with hunting and fishing close by on the gulf is mexico beach,port st joe,cape san blas,around to appalachicola and st george island area.closest shopping othe than mom n pops type is walmart in parker just east of pc,fl,about 30 min from mexico bch
st augustine is real nice area.tampa,st pete,clearwater,bradenton area is nice.
orlanda is not bad depending on where you go
miami sucks period.

·
Registered
845 Posts
Funny thing is that only tourists and folks from Miami think Miami is a great place to visit / live. LOL
It's the only eastern route to the keys, unless you can fly.

Besides, it's like any other large city, interesting to visit, but most of us don't want to live there.....

As for fishing, Biscayne Bay is still pretty good and a neat place to visit....

Biscayne National Park (U.S. National Park Service)

·
40 lug nuts
3,433 Posts
It's the only eastern route to the keys, unless you can fly. Yup, and I don't even tap the brakes when I'm passing through.
Besides, it's like any other large city, interesting to visit, but most of us don't want to live there..... I'm part of that group, too. Course, I don't even have the desire to visit.
As for fishing, Biscayne Bay is still pretty good and a neat place to visit....
I've heard that from a lot of people....gonna try to make it out there next year.

Biscayne National Park (U.S. National Park Service)

·
Registered
71 Posts
Boca grand pass is a got sum nice fishing reds tarpon trout snook you can hit the back country or head off shore i live in the sarasota/boca grand area it seems to be where alot of people love to come and fish and its all around a slow down pace

·
blackbetty13
736 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Boca grand pass is a got sum nice fishing reds tarpon trout snook you can hit the back country or head off shore i live in the sarasota/boca grand area it seems to be where alot of people love to come and fish and its all around a slow down pace

for sure i think im going to look in to this one first sounds like my ideal place.

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
Funny thing is that only tourists and folks from Miami think Miami is a great place to visit / live. LOL
go find port o pottie somewhere hang out in it for a lil while,and you have been to miami,well about the same anyway

·
Registered
845 Posts
go find port o pottie somewhere hang out in it for a lil while,and you have been to miami,well about the same anyway
:blah::blah:

·
Registered
128 Posts
i live in jax this is a red i caught

1 - 19 of 19 Posts