Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I havent seen any post on this in a while just looking for some input on the 6.0 flex a lite electric kit not that its been out for a couple years, it is a very nice looking kit.

·
Administrator
32,933 Posts
good question I hope a few chime in

I still only know about two guys that run them and they don't tow heavy

I'm not sure I would even run them if they were proven to work ok while towing ?

·
Administrator
8,177 Posts
From what I've read. They do not flow enough to keep the truck cool. There is cfm number out there but I'm too lazy to go find them.

·
Administrator
32,933 Posts
Here let me provide the factual data you are to lazy to chase

i believe the flex lite dual fans flow a lot of CFM'S
the OEM flows a hellavalotmore CFM's :grin:

·
Administrator
32,933 Posts
ok so it's easy to find the Flex a lite claimed max CFM

Flex-a-lite Variable Speed Controller that varies the fan speed from 60-100 percent, depending on radiator temperature. These powerful fans can move up to 6,800 cfm of airflow!
the ford OEM unit is not as easy to find a quotable CFM ( not RPM) but the # that always seemed to come up was 10,000 CFM

·
Super Moderator
3,391 Posts
I'd say the OEM doesn't flow that number unless it's 100% engaged. Considering how the viscous clutch works I'd say a quality radiator, ELC, with an electric fan setup will do just fine for most people.

·
Former Ford Trans Engr.
3,060 Posts
There is no electric fan that will fit under the hood of one of these trucks that will move enough air to keep it cool when fully loaded, towing at max GCWR, up an 8% grade at 95F. The stock fan can do that. An electric cannot. There is data to support that, and no, I can't share it with you. I don't have it, I left it at Ford when I left.

·
Super Moderator
3,391 Posts
I'll never argue what the stocker fan can handle. That situation would be maybe 1% of people, in that type of situation at a given time. For people who don't drive in any way close to that situation electric fans would do the job just fine.

·
Registered
25 Posts
ive got just 2 16" electric fans on a switch, and more then half the time im driving my truck i dont even need to turn them on even while in traffic, ive never had a problem with the electric fans and over heating, ive towed my trailer and race car so about 3,300kgs and ive never over heated, and its nice to work on the engine with that big stock fan gone i have over a foot in front of the engine, so changing belts, pullies, or water pump can be done in less then half an hour, and thats going from a autometer gauge not the stock one

1 - 11 of 11 Posts