Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
NObama
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys run the 275 Spartan everyday and only issue I get is a flat spot in acceleration at around 2k RPM on the freeway if I'm going to pass someone. Does not happen at full throttle, only about 1/2 to 3/4 throttle. It is a small flat spot, almost feels like the truck is dropping rail pressure for a second, but everything shows good on the DD. Anyone else have this issue??? Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
250 Posts
yup. Closer to 3/4 throttle for me. Flat spot describes it perfectly. Truck will be pulling hard then power will fall off a little, then come back. Rest of the tune is so good I have just been ignoring it. I have even data logged it and nothing changes. throttle %, egt, boost, FRP, ebp, VGT%. 275 is the only tune that has ever done it. Figured it was only mine...

·
NObama
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well at least its not some issue with only my truck... exactly right feels like fuel goes away for a sec then power comes right back on... I've only really ran 210, 250, and 275 for any periods of time but only 275 this has happened with. Anyone else have this? If its just a small thing in the fuel mapping on the tune then fine, I just wanna be sure.

·
Registered
250 Posts
nope. totally different. Cruising at 70+ roll into the throttle hard to pass someone. I think its throttle position related. A hair more or less and it won't do it. Its not like power falls off a lot, but maybe falls back to the power of the 250 tune. I have tried to data log it with multiple different parameters. Have never got anything to show a change. Doesn't bother me anyways. But really, does it surprise you my truck does something else odd...

·
NObama
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
just like Ipkyss says its way after converter lock, just feels like you let off the accelerator then get back on it. Besides that the tune is flawless, love it everyday, just about learned to ignore it by now

·
Registered
409 Posts
Yep I am doing the same now also, ignoring it that is.
However I do sometimes get fuel cut from the trans when getting on it hard. I have done the trans relearn process also. I think I will reload the tune and redo the trans relearn process again.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I have the same thing, right at 120km/hr, it feels like a cut of at least 50hp with 1/2 to 3/4 throttle.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
814 Posts
I haven't noticed it at all but I haven't been paying attention. I drove cross country with the 275 and it did fine the whole time.

I'll have to start paying attention...

·
Registered
252 Posts
same issue with my truck except it will do it at full throttle to..almost like its a slight cut in fuel or something to prevent excessive EBP like the older tunes..from watching the gauge on the DD that is what appears to be happening.. happens usually if I have the torque converter locked in tow haul and I roll into WOT once it reaches about 2200 rpm it flattens and comes back around 2500rpm. this is only with the 250 an 275 tunes.

·
Registered
250 Posts
I haven't noticed it at all but I haven't been paying attention. I drove cross country with the 275 and it did fine the whole time.

I'll have to start paying attention...

Na, its easier to not pay attention. You will sleep better at night. I sometime wish I didn't have a clue and just drove it till something broke.:doh:

·
Registered
250 Posts
same issue with my truck except it will do it at full throttle to..almost like its a slight cut in fuel or something to prevent excessive EBP like the older tunes..from watching the gauge on the DD that is what appears to be happening.. happens usually if I have the torque converter locked in tow haul and I roll into WOT once it reaches about 2200 rpm it flattens and comes back around 2500rpm. this is only with the 250 an 275 tunes.
I should have said mine does it from about 3/4 throttle to WOT.

·
NObama
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
gotta be some deal with the fuel mapping on 275 tune since thats the tune it happens with and seems to be with the same RPM/throttle input for us. Plus nothing seems to ever change (better/worse) with it so I wouldn't think its a problem, just something with the tune. That mine and Ipkyss' gauges have all shown normal on datalogs seems to point to some glitch in software, not hardware. That said, this is all just speculation would like to know the real answer so I don't have to worry about it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts