Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,383 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,

Need some insight.

96 F250 4x2 all stock, 115,000 kms (70,000) miles. OD light just started flashing on way to work out of town today. Don't have my code reader with me, think it's reverting to limp mode as it's shifting just a tad harder. Seems to shift through all gears up and down, fluid level seems fine, speedo is smooth. Truck has never been abused and has ran flawlessly. Bought it over a year ago with 55 kms on it

Think I'm gonna reset the PCM by pulling #9 under hood maxi fuse.

Also just wondering if I should replace the batteries as they are pretty old now and she pulls the charge down when firing up in the mornings could this mess with PCM and shift strategy and trigger OD light to flash?

Thanks for your suggestions

jrc

·
Registered
3,383 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Quick update reset PCM. No OD light flashing now.... Not driven that far yet but will give it a longer run today. When I notice light flashing the other day had been on cruise control for for an hour or more so not sure if that had anything to do with it and was also in the dark. Will check all bulbs, I know my right trailer signal circuit is not working properly.
jrc

·
Former Ford Trans Engr.
3,101 Posts
Whenever the light is flashing pressure is raised and it will shift harder. The limp mode that everyone talks about is a myth.

You can keep checking things, but if you knew what codes were set you could actually fix this.

·
Registered
3,383 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Whenever the light is flashing pressure is raised and it will shift harder. The limp mode that everyone talks about is a myth.

You can keep checking things, but if you knew what codes were set you could actually fix this.
Thanks for the clarification Mark. As I'm away from home till Friday night, in remote area for work 3.5 hours away. I thought best would be to reset PCM as my code reader autoenginuity is at home... So yes totally agree with pulling codes to better diagnose. Seems to be running per normal now after reset? Will pull codes although not sure I'll find anything due to reset.

Thanks again,

jrc

·
Former Ford Trans Engr.
3,101 Posts
There are no codes now. The code will reset if the problem happens again.

·
Registered
3,383 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Mark figured the reset would wipe out stored codes. So far been running fine and have put on 500 kms (300 miles) plus in the last couple days.

jrc

1 - 6 of 6 Posts