Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so I'm trying to attach some AN -6 fittings to the stock supply/return lines for a regulator

is it safe to flare the stock lines for the needed 37 degree flare? for a B-nut and sleeve style fitting?
is it seamless tubing?

EDIT:
I was under the impression that the stock fuel lines Were 3/8" the hardlines any way, but 5/16 it is..

So any body doing electric fuel systems convert to 3/8" hardlines? or would you just run rubber/braided ?

·
'05 Excursion
1,948 Posts
Tubing is measured by inside diameter, are you sure on the 5/16?

·
02 CCSB
118 Posts
Tubing is actually sized by its OD.

·
Running at last...
2,789 Posts
Yes ONE of the line is 5/16 the other i think it 1/4.. And yes you can flare it with a 37* flare tool. I did my tubes and it worked great!!!

·
'05 Excursion
1,948 Posts
Yup, brain fart, OD measured.

·
Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Powerstroke cowboy, is the return line 1/4 ? can you still fit a 5/16" hose on there without leaks if so?

·
Running at last...
2,789 Posts
Powerstroke cowboy, is the return line 1/4 ? can you still fit a 5/16" hose on there without leaks if so?
Yes the return would be the 1/4 inch.. I think i would stick with 1/4 hose. unless you want to change the hole line back!!

But you could try the 5/16 hose on the 1/4 line But i do not think it would work!

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
just run #6 pushlock from the selector forward.

·
Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I measured 8mm on Both stock hard lines Supply/Return.. so I'm going with 5/16" for both, hope it all goes smooth.

Cratos, sooner or later I will replace with 3/8" AN or push-lok Just dont have the $ to do it the way I would like right now.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts