Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
CM2, USN
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The previous owner of my truck had some paintwork done on the right side of the box and back of cab, I'm guessing he had a little "oops" at the drive through. The problem is, when whoever painted the box, he only did a partial fade of the paint to about midway down the box and cleared over the entire side, covered the FX4 decal, and now the clear is flaking off from around the decal. No pics of it, they wont upload.
I'd really like to remove the FX4 decals from the bed, but I would have a nice flakey outline of where the decal used to be on the rilght side. Is there any way to fix the flaking of the clear, or just leave the decals on and wait it out till its time to repaint the truck? If anyone has any insight on this I'd really appreciate it.

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
The previous owner of my truck had some paintwork done on the right side of the box and back of cab, I'm guessing he had a little "oops" at the drive through. The problem is, when whoever painted the box, he only did a partial fade of the paint to about midway down the box and cleared over the entire side, covered the FX4 decal, and now the clear is flaking off from around the decal. No pics of it, they wont upload.
I'd really like to remove the FX4 decals from the bed, but I would have a nice flakey outline of where the decal used to be on the rilght side. Is there any way to fix the flaking of the clear, or just leave the decals on and wait it out till its time to repaint the truck? If anyone has any insight on this I'd really appreciate it.
just wait till you get it repainted

·
Haters Gonna Hate
5,869 Posts
you could use a razor blade very cafefully and wedsand it back smooth when ur done peeling the decal off, but its guna be a fair amount of work

·
CM2, USN
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That doesn't sound too bad, I'm not too scared of taking the time and doing it myself. I just want to make sure that I'm going in the right direction if I do it.

·
Registered
574 Posts
The razor blade trick isn't going to work. Even if you do sand down the edge WITHOUT going threw the base color you will still have a step from mil thickness of the newer clearcoat. The step will be in the shape of the sticker. Best off to leave it. If you do try it I would be ready to repaint the bed because I don't think you'll like the outcome.

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
The razor blade trick isn't going to work. Even if you do sand down the edge WITHOUT going threw the base color you will still have a step from mil thickness of the newer clearcoat. The step will be in the shape of the sticker. Best off to leave it. If you do try it I would be ready to repaint the bed because I don't think you'll like the outcome.
:whs::whs::whs:

·
CM2, USN
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the input guys, looks like it'll be best just to wait. I really don't want to have to paint er', she still looks pretty darn good when she's all shined up.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts