Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Replacing all 4 ball joints, both passenger side tie rod ends, and axle shaft u-joints. Anyone know an average cost. Trying to get an idea tonight so im braced for it tomorrow.
Also the guy looking at my front end said i may need new stub shafts. They have some movement in them. up and down. Is that something any of you have had to do? Is that the wheel bearing going out as well? Never had one of these apart and just dont understand how that stub shaft is moving around even if its a bad wheel bearing.

Thanks guys. Ryan

·
Administrator
32,974 Posts
the stub shaft comment has me worried He can't tell that without taking it apart
and even then He has me worried

there is a unit bearing that has all the wheel bearings captured in it and is replaced as a $400 unit

my Balljoints were done at the dealer and IIRC the bill was about a grand
covered under aftermarket warranty ,, if not I would have done it myself for less than $400

·
Registered
517 Posts
Don't know about the tie rod ends or ball joints , but I just did new axle joints (spicer) from randys ring and pinion for like $55ea , one outer stub shaft from Ford (only place to get 35 spline stubs) for I think around $160-170 , one unit bearing from Ford was $450 .

1 - 3 of 3 Posts