Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Truck started running goofy today. Got a P0069 code and a P0470. Tons of lag and smoke, kind of intermittent.
Have a new (8months) KC Stage 1 10 blade turbo. I did notice the past few days my turbo is a little louder than normal and more annoying than the normal 10 blade whistle, but was running fine.
I thought it might be a boost leak, but sometimes it will hit almost full boost. So I pulled up the VGT duty cycle and it was holding steady at 29%! Was barely getting any boost at all. Then I shut the truck off, restarted, and it was at 42, boost was slightly better. VGT doesn't move when driving. Tried again, and it was at 80% and moving around almost normal, and the truck ran almost normal for a while. Then it decided to go back to 29 and run like crap again, all laggy and smokey.
When the VGT is not moving around, the EBP seems to not move around much, sometimes.
Baro and MAP show the same number KOEO.
I had another MAP sensor laying around, so I tossed it in, no change.
Hose to MAP sensor is not damaged.
I do get a P0470 when I fire the truck up at high elevation sometimes (9,000+ feet, I'm in Colorado). Always have.
The EBP sensor is less than a year old, but I will admit to it being a cheap one. It's been in the truck for as long as I have owned the truck, 8 months.
My degas bottle had a leak that probably dripped on the EBP sensor.

So did I foul my EBP sensor? Is my new turbo sticking? Any other possibilities?

·
Registered
687 Posts
Start with the ebp sensor, key on engine off map and baro should be the same. When driving your ebp should go up with rpm and load.

·
"resident smarty pants"
4,327 Posts
EBP, MAP, and BARO all should be the same at KOEO, assuming your EBP is being reported in psia (just be aware that one PID will report it in PSIA, and the other will report it in PSIG). If EBP is in PSIG, it will be 0 at KOEO.

·
"resident smarty pants"
4,327 Posts
When you get a P0470 AND a P0069 together it is usually the EBP sensor.

·
"resident smarty pants"
4,327 Posts
I would at least look it over carefully. Also, make sure the EBP tube is not plugged up. Sticking a VERY stiff weed-whacker string down the tube works well enough.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I would at least look it over carefully. Also, make sure the EBP tube is not plugged up. Sticking a VERY stiff weed-whacker string down the tube works well enough.
Yup. New EBP sensor and pigtail for good measure. Runs like a champ now. Lesson learned about cheap sensors.Thanks!

·
"resident smarty pants"
4,327 Posts
(y) .

1 - 9 of 9 Posts