Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...and completely psyched! Just purchased a 2001 7.3L Excursion with 190k on the odometer but less than 10k on the new factory ford motor. Truck has an aftermarket air intake and secondary fuel tank that holds and additional 30 gal. Thats it in the way of mods...Have lots of questions but will try to keep from spewing them all at once.

Any recommendations on best oil to use? will be pulling light duty trailers at work and a tear drop camper on the weekends....

Thanks for having me

Dave

·
7.3 fan
271 Posts
Welcome and ask away.....just remember there are lots of opinions here some are good some stink like sh1t hope you can tell the difference!!!!

·
'05 Excursion
1,948 Posts
...and completely psyched! Just purchased a 2001 7.3L Excursion with 190k on the odometer but less than 10k on the new factory ford motor. Truck has an aftermarket air intake and secondary fuel tank that holds and additional 30 gal. Thats it in the way of mods...Have lots of questions but will try to keep from spewing them all at once.

Any recommendations on best oil to use? will be pulling light duty trailers at work and a tear drop camper on the weekends....

Thanks for having me

Dave
Where does the secondary take fill from? I use 5W40 synthetic year round.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
secondary tank fills from same location as main, two apertures instead of one, no real gas caps, appear to be threaded pipe plugs...thanks for the 5w40 synth recommendation.

·
Registered
853 Posts
:psn::welcome:

nice to have you!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts