Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Catfish Mafia
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, i finally got my truck to track and was pretty impressed! i knew i was in the 14s.. like 14.8 or so. well, after playing with the tuner and starting bost pressure, i ran a 13.945 @ 96.95 mph! i think i could have gotten a little more, but i didnt want to push it since i was already pegging the pyro! keep in mind that this was done with a stock turbo and hybrid injectors from DI. still saving for a turbo worthy of these funsticks! :D

·
Registered
624 Posts
Congrats, sounds like a good time to me. Alot better than mine hah. Im about to have a similar setup and would be happy to get into the 13s like you did.

Is thier a thread or stick anywhere that states 1/4 mile times and mods done to get them? On other car forums ive been on they had a thread that showed times so you could get a idea what mods gave what times.

·
Registered
666 Posts
cool man..

·
AllYourBaseAreBelongToUs
13,954 Posts
Dang, that's awesome with a stock turbo.

You need to put a 38r on that thing.

Is that a bone-stock trans too?

·
Catfish Mafia
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
nah.. bts turbo. i think i am going with a gqssb turbo since i have to convert everything ayway, the cost wont be much different. from what i have been told, the gq has a broader map than the 38r.

i havent looked for a time section in the post, i just put pretty much everything in here. LOL

just curious, if anybody else has times with a stock turbo, what are they? i know that thing was pushed to the max, so my time should be pretty close. anyway, just wondering.. cant wait for a real turbo :tree:

·
Registered
4,865 Posts
Congrats. And on a stock turbo no less.

·
Catfish Mafia
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
roger on the 1600.. i was ok until about the 1/8, then it started rising. i figured a few seconds wouldnt hurt. definitely need the turbo now... something to eat up all that fuel :evil. thre was a cummins up there that said he dynoed around 580hp. he only made three runs but he broke parts on two of them. had a nice setup.. homemade twins.. but he couldnt get-right on the track. luckily i puled next to him for my best run:D. he couldnt get traction and ran like an 18 something. it felt good to lay down a twin turbo dodger with a stock turbo ferd.. regardless the reason:evil.

·
got fuel?
2,581 Posts
nah.. bts turbo. i think i am going with a gqssb turbo since i have to convert everything ayway, the cost wont be much different. from what i have been told, the gq has a broader map than the 38r.

i havent looked for a time section in the post, i just put pretty much everything in here. LOL

just curious, if anybody else has times with a stock turbo, what are they? i know that thing was pushed to the max, so my time should be pretty close. anyway, just wondering.. cant wait for a real turbo :tree:
[email protected] but i was only like 6800lbs.

·
All done now
22,486 Posts

Give Dave at Dieselsite a call. He has a H2E kit. Comes with everything you need to install it on an early 99. Complete to the intake plenums. He has a really good deal on it.

·
<---- my shop
1,297 Posts
I will prob find out how i do on the stock turbo in a couple of weeks when the weather is better. Although i dont expect anything that quick as my truck is a lil on the heavy side unless i strip her down. figure i will play with the stock turbo before i get everything together for the s400

·
Catfish Mafia
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
heavy side? my truck hasnt been lightened at all. i got a pair of 15" subs behind the back seat and about 300 pounds in my toolbox. :D are you gonna run a plain s400 or something modified? just curious because i will be upgrading when i can afford it.

·
Catfish Mafia
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
sorry i didn't pay attention to the cc in your sig. so about the same weight. I am going with a S471/82 modified.
its cool man.. good luck! i dont know a whole lot about the different turbos, but i think i am going with the gqssb from WOP. it seems to be the best for my application. gonna stick wih the injectors i have for now and i want to be able to spool up on the bottom end as well as higher rpms. i need to do my fuel system and RR too, but i got plenty of fuel for the little stocker! :D

·
<<< Power
3,456 Posts
roger on the 1600.. i was ok until about the 1/8, then it started rising. i figured a few seconds wouldnt hurt. definitely need the turbo now... something to eat up all that fuel :evil. thre was a cummins up there that said he dynoed around 580hp. he only made three runs but he broke parts on two of them. had a nice setup.. homemade twins.. but he couldnt get-right on the track. luckily i puled next to him for my best run:D. he couldnt get traction and ran like an 18 something. it felt good to lay down a twin turbo dodger with a stock turbo ferd.. regardless the reason:evil.
Weird...

·
Catfish Mafia
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
how big are your hybrids?
not real sure.. Lott keeps that top secret. they are DIs 530 hybrids. plenty for what i am doing, i know that :D

As for that dodge, i think it may have been operator error for the most part. he was runnin some big nasty tires, that may have caused the front driveshaft to let go.

·
<---- my shop
1,297 Posts
its cool man.. good luck! i dont know a whole lot about the different turbos, but i think i am going with the gqssb from WOP. it seems to be the best for my application. gonna stick wih the injectors i have for now and i want to be able to spool up on the bottom end as well as higher rpms. i need to do my fuel system and RR too, but i got plenty of fuel for the little stocker! :D
Ya i have just about all the stuff for my fuel sys but going to wait to install it when i get the turbo and mount and just do it all at one time. I have plans to go to bigger inj in the future so the s400 base turbo works well for me as i can easily swap to a larger turbo and keep I looked at the gqssb and would prob go with it if i didn't have intentions of going larger or if i towed with this truck.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts