Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Harl
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well guys im gona be attending my first pull hopefuly (If i get a new tire by then) In sturgis ky, march 20th. Any tips would be great. I dont expect to place due to my stock chargers about to go poof. But i plan to put on a show.

-Cody

·
wheres the fat chicks?
1,833 Posts
good luck...keep us posted:ford:

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
would that be your first time ever hookin up to a sled?...

·
Harl
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Harl
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Harl
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
do you have a dual disk yet if not you might want to start saving up
No i just put in a single disk 650hp rateing.. It should hold for now. just try and get out of the clutch fast so i dont get it hot

·
Dairy Mechanic
2,198 Posts
Don't go and red line the rpm's and dump the clutch. You gotta ease into it and what till your steady going before you keep the pedal to the floor. Your probably gonna jump some. Don't break anything when that happens.

·
Harl
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hey House can you get the rules for me?

·
Harl
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Don't go and red line the rpm's and dump the clutch. You gotta ease into it and what till your steady going before you keep the pedal to the floor. Your probably gonna jump some. Don't break anything when that happens.
I plan on launchn around 2k. Ive been messin around so i can get the hang of it. I dont plan on holding it to the floor because my sled pull setting goes till it blows and ive broke way to many rocker arms by over revving. So im gona wait till shes got a nice load on before i hammer down.

·
Fat Kids Rule!
2,455 Posts
From my understanding truck will be teched before they pull, wieght 8500lbs No spray (DRUGS) recommend rear ujoint sheild, No Bushing, bump stop and tracton bars allowed. If turning more the 4500 rpm have right safety etq.

If have any qestions please call Shane Robinson he is the one teching the trucks and one with rules 270-217-3811

·
Harl
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
From my understanding truck will be teched before they pull, wieght 8500lbs No spray (DRUGS) recommend rear ujoint sheild, No Bushing, bump stop and tracton bars allowed. If turning more the 4500 rpm have right safety etq.

If have any qestions please call Shane Robinson he is the one teching the trucks and one with rules 270-217-3811
Ohhhh... umm they only running one class?

·
Registered
86 Posts
i'll be there either way with or with out new gears to tell ya the truth and house i kinda liked the heavier truck, didn't have to sling as much weight.

·
OverFuelingForYourPlesure
1,609 Posts
what gears do you have?
my truck was pretty happy in 3rd low with 4.10 gears, when I had stage 2's and a stock turbo, but I did have a dual disk clutch back then

1 - 20 of 24 Posts