Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So far after having my trans upgraded and Sun Coast converter installed the truck has driven flawlessly. Last night I went WOT for the first time from about a 30 MPH roll. The truck down shifted, upshifted and then locked the converter. This whole sequence felt very smooth. No erradic shifting or slamming gears. Let me tell you, when the converter goes to lock, you FEEL the difference vs. the stock unit! It reminds me of hitting the first stage of nitrous in a few of my cars at the track back in the day! My first though after the converter locked up was, "that's worth a MPH right there!", (meaning in the 1/4 mile of course). :tree:

Later on in the night and about 50 miles down the road I nailed it from about a 10 MPH roll and holy hell! I'm going to need a Detroit in this truck very soon. LOL

The best part is that this is the smallest tune I have, which is the Spartan v4 275. I do have other mods that make the 275 act a little bigger than normal, but still, the 310/345/350 are just going to be nutty! :ford:

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Cool did you put it in or have it installed? I used to do stuff like this all the time but after back surgery and getting older i was thinking of seeing what it would coast to have it installed.What else do you have done to the trans?

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Good god man he want to do another lol Do you know what all he done to it?

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Good god man he want to do another lol Do you know what all he done to it?
I had him install the Sun Coast "super duty" rebuild kit with billet input/intermediate and converter. I didn't have him take the time to install the external dmax filter. I'll be installing that myself soon.

·
Registered
302 Posts
You should take your truck to the track and see how much you gained with the torque converter.

·
Dennab
408 Posts
Don't be surprised if that intermediate shaft breaks prematurely.....the updated one from Suncoast isn't going to be released for a few more weeks.
you have to go and wreck his dreams now lol!

·
Dennab
408 Posts
No, not wrecking dreams. Just don't want him to be surprised if/when it happens. The stocker is holding up better than the current billet shaft Suncoast offers.
I know im bsing i have nothing to do. I like my suncoast part. The solenoid works great in a otherwise stock tranny.

may i ask will suncoast give money off or replace a "faulty" billet shaft. Probley won't but id figure id ask.....

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Don't be surprised if that intermediate shaft breaks prematurely.....the updated one from Suncoast isn't going to be released for a few more weeks.
Good call Jeff!

I actually didn't get to take the truck to the track. On the very first time that I went WOT with the 310 tune the intermediate snapped after an amazingly hard shift. :mad: Kinda frustrating seeing as that is the single most expensive piece that was installed in the trans during the rebuild. :doh:

Now the question is, do I wait another "two weeks", for the new Sun Coast piece, or just reinstall the stock one? I don't like this "two weeks" game. I already waited six weeks for that part to come out, all the while getting told that its two weeks away over and over.

·
Registered
9,722 Posts
Good call Jeff!

I actually didn't get to take the truck to the track. On the very first time that I went WOT with the 310 tune the intermediate snapped after an amazingly hard shift. :mad: Kinda frustrating seeing as that is the single most expensive piece that was installed in the trans during the rebuild. :doh:

Now the question is, do I wait another "two weeks", for the new Sun Coast piece, or just reinstall the stock one? I don't like this "two weeks" game. I already waited six weeks for that part to come out, all the while getting told that its two weeks away over and over.
I would put the stock one back in and send them the broken billet piece

·
Registered
433 Posts
suncoast has no warrenty on shafts,i dont think anyone does...ive looked into this exact question just a few days ago...your better off putting the stock in there for now i was told it could be a few months for the new one to come out.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
are you talking about the shaft between the tranny and the transfer case?

1 - 20 of 34 Posts