Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
61 - 62 of 62 Posts
Discussion starter · #62 ·
Well just purchased Eric's tuner! Wats everyone running for strictly fuel mileage gains for power stetting and hints tips for running this programmer ? Thanks in advance
When I didn't have the TORQ2, I ran it on Xtreme Street. It's still a bat outta hell.

so it might be a good idea to hold off on buying the torq2 or the sct tuner since something new is comming out? Also I had Erics tunes on my 6.0 but I also had a egr delete turbo back exhaust and intake. Im not wanting to do the delete so im looking into getting this set up both the torq2 and the sct im just not wanting to be disappoionted. thanks for any feedback
Well, that's debatable. SCT has not yet released the iTSX platform for the 6.7 and from what Eric told me last week, it's still a ways out from releasing. I don't think you'll be disappointed, ever. Seems that most people running DPF off tunes on the 6.7 are pushing boost close to (and upwards of in some cases) 30-35psi. Eric's tune doesn't raise boost much at all, maybe 1-2psi, if that. For the most part, Eric's tunes achieve higher power through fueling, torque/power management, and other methods. I was very much on the fence about getting a tune and when I met with Eric for the first time, he explained to me that his tunes were safe and reliable. While they might be somewhat conservative, they turn these trucks into monsters. By no means are Eric's tunes mild on power or torque. Rather than push these motors to their limits, Eric sought power through other methods as opposed to just cranking up the boost.

mine should ber here wed. i already have the original t2 so im going to stack. hope all goes well, should i turn the knob lil ly little after a few miles or right off the bat??
Run it on the TORQ2 tune only if you plan on stacking the TORQ2. If you run it on Street or Xtreme Street, you will get rail pressure codes.

got my stuff in wed. and as i went to install found the pcm number was not supported, phoned IDP and gave them the new info and the next day they sent me the tunes to download.

downloading custom tunes was easy, i had already done it on a 6.0, but for some reason was having a lil trouble loading the torq2 program, said something like algorithim(sp) something, clicked on steet,xtreme and no problem, went to load torq2 again and it accepted it this time, makes me wonder if all went through correctly.

the following were done with about 10 miles of driving normal and with a lead foot.
i already had the t2 adjusted to about halfway when i loaded the t2 program. well lets just say i drove it and it did break the tire loose alot easier so i guess it has more power, then i adjusted the t2 knob all the way, did not feel any trunction but it was already warmed up. again it felt the same as half way turned or all the way turned.
we will see what it brings with a few hundred miles on it, maybe the better gas mileage will be sufficient as im only getting 13.5 since the day i bought it, but thats my normal driving habit and im not changing just gotta get deeper pockets.

again these wer initial results, ill report back after a few. thanks guys for the help making a decision on a tuner.
Glad you're happy with your purchase. Sounds like everything went through correctly!

With regard to an update on my truck, here's what's been going on...

Last I posted, I was having some small quirks with the truck. Couldn't really pinpoint what it was as I'm not a diesel tech. Therefore, I took the truck into two different dealers and had them look at for fueling issues and transmission issues. Both dealers reported back that the truck was operating as it was designed. After setting up a few tests on my own, I came to the conclusion that the issues I had were related to torque truncation and maximum speed. If you saw my latest thread on the TORQ 2.1, you know that I paid a visit to IDP to pick up my TORQ2.1. When I was down at IDP, I asked Eric if he could reload my tuner with the newest and most up-to-date tunes he had on file for the truck.

Eric assured me that the tunes I had on my tuner were the latest tunes. However, after digging into the tune I had on my tuner, the speed governor was still intact. Why? Who the hell knows. There are two different governors in place on these trucks one in KPH and one in MPH. Seems the MPH governor was still set at 98mph. Eric told me that the MPH setting shouldn't matter as the truck doesn't monitor maximum speed in MPH, it actually does it in KPH. Either way, he changed the MPH speed governor and that issue is now gone...

The other issue I was having with torque truncation is gone from what I can tell. What I did notice is that if I really want to romp on the truck, I have to turn the advance trac off. After running a few more tests, it seems that to take full advantage of the power the tune is adding, you pretty much have to run with the advance trac off. I'm also convinced that the newest firmware flash Ford is running on these motors is to blame for the small 'quirks' that I've been having. Eric actually tried to flash my truck with an earlier flash as that is a version that we both know worked very well and had no 'quirks' what-so-ever. However, the truck didn't like that, so we reverted to the latest firmware/flash version.

The reflash of the Xtreme Street tune that I received last week is phenomenal. Eric is truly an excellent tuner and knows these trucks inside and out. The power delivery is smooth, the shift pattern is brilliant and overall, it's a blast to drive. I've also noticed an increase in gas mileage with the reflash!

I can't say enough great things about Eric, Ted, Jamie & everyone at IDP. Their level of service and commitment to their customers and their products is unmatched. They truly are dedicated to what they're doing and they go above and beyond in every aspect of customer service. If I had to do it all over again, I would still go with IDP. While some say that they want DPF-off tuning, I don't really think the DPF-on tuning is underpowered or weak by any stretch of the imagination.

Cheers,
Buck

61 - 62 of 62 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.