Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
41 - 60 of 62 Posts
Discussion starter · #43 ·
If I could keep my foot out of it, I'm sure it'd be better. I'm seeing around 16mpg in the city and 20mpg on the highway. I'll report back next week when I drive it like I normally do and not like madman.

Well I must say I am really impressed with erics tunes for my 6.7,I was deleted with the spartan and switched to dpf on tunes.. Erics shifting is spot on compared to the spartan and the mpg is better with the dpf on compared to the deleted spartan. If you are on the ropes about tuning dnt be afraid to go with erics tuning. The the spartan was a little faster compared to the x street I'm running now I prefer this over the spartan by far. On a side note you can depend on Eric if a problem occurs!

Well I must say I am really impressed with erics tunes for my 6.7,I was deleted with the spartan and switched to dpf on tunes.. Erics shifting is spot on compared to the spartan and the mpg is better with the dpf on compared to the deleted spartan. If you are on the ropes about tuning dnt be afraid to go with erics tuning. The the spartan was a little faster compared to the x street I'm running now I prefer this over the spartan by far. On a side note you can depend on Eric if a problem occurs!
It's better mpg then delete Spartan ?? Some please explain this to me regens must have not been factored or Spartan is fuelin a #### ton

Discussion starter · #47 ·
game. set. match.

:confused:

The power with dpf on will never reach the levels of the off tuning, but the mpg is better from what I have seen. As you know each truck is different, the advantage with dpf off isn't having to worry about a bad sensor or dpf messing up.

Any updates?

Looking at Erics tunes or the kem green tunes...dpf on.

Hello to all. I'm new to this forum, and just want to say it is great! Also I have been torn between dpf delete, or dpf on tunes. This thread has made my decision for me. Gonna stick with Dpf on and give Eric a call as soon as income tax $ is in the bank. Thanks guys!

Well just purchased Eric's tuner! Wats everyone running for strictly fuel mileage gains for power stetting and hints tips for running this programmer ? Thanks in advance

Discussion starter · #56 ·
Sorry, haven't updated in a minute...

The tuning is still smooth as all get out and the shifts are extremely crisp. I drive the truck every day and have zero complaints about the tuning. My mileage on winter diesel here in PA is 16.9mpg on average, that's almost all city driving too. Eric should be releasing the new Torq2 in the next two months. Other than that, I'm headed down to IDP to solve an issue that my truck seems to have developed. Before you get skeptical and worrisome, this issue is my truck, not the tune. It has zero to do with the tune and the dealer cannot seem to 'replicate it'. I'm seeking Eric's help to track down this problem and get it fixed since my dealer is incapable of tracking down this problem. Also, the iTSX platform should be dropping in the next two months as well, keep an eye out for that!

so it might be a good idea to hold off on buying the torq2 or the sct tuner since something new is comming out? Also I had Erics tunes on my 6.0 but I also had a egr delete turbo back exhaust and intake. Im not wanting to do the delete so im looking into getting this set up both the torq2 and the sct im just not wanting to be disappoionted. thanks for any feedback

love mine waiting for the 2.1 myself, Another daily driver One thing I have to complain about is how fast my tires are wearing!!!!!!

got my stuff in wed. and as i went to install found the pcm number was not supported, phoned IDP and gave them the new info and the next day they sent me the tunes to download.

downloading custom tunes was easy, i had already done it on a 6.0, but for some reason was having a lil trouble loading the torq2 program, said something like algorithim(sp) something, clicked on steet,xtreme and no problem, went to load torq2 again and it accepted it this time, makes me wonder if all went through correctly.

the following were done with about 10 miles of driving normal and with a lead foot.
i already had the t2 adjusted to about halfway when i loaded the t2 program. well lets just say i drove it and it did break the tire loose alot easier so i guess it has more power, then i adjusted the t2 knob all the way, did not feel any trunction but it was already warmed up. again it felt the same as half way turned or all the way turned.
we will see what it brings with a few hundred miles on it, maybe the better gas mileage will be sufficient as im only getting 13.5 since the day i bought it, but thats my normal driving habit and im not changing just gotta get deeper pockets.

again these wer initial results, ill report back after a few. thanks guys for the help making a decision on a tuner.

41 - 60 of 62 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.