Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
21 - 40 of 62 Posts
Discussion starter · #21 ·
:::UPDATE:::

Got my truck back yesterday from the dealer after the seal on the rear radiator broke and caused a leak. tech said it was a pain in the ass as the whole front end of the truck had to come off.

After signing all the paperwork, I returned to my shop and installed the torq2 + torq2 tune, 2wd lip, recon clearance lights, LED turn signal lights, 3rd brake light and the Innovative Diesel lexan S&B Filter cover. It was definitely an action packed afternoon, that's for damn sure.

Before I really crack into a full write up of the torq2 + torq2 tune (will be abbreviated t2), it's been pissing here for the last 48hrs so I haven't really had a chance to crack on it and give it a true shakedown. My initial impressions are as follows… The truck has been through three different tunes: street, xtreme street and t2. Out of all the of them, the t2 tune is by far the fastest and snappiest tune. The throttle response is simply unmatched and the power is ridiculous. Just driving around yesterday, the tires wanted to break loose at any chance they had. It's just that powerful and still emissions legal! There was one chance for me to really mash on it while entering the highway and before I knew it, I was pegged at 100. The truck is very street-able as well as perfect for those moments when you have a point to prove. Definitely wouldn't hesitate to pick up the torq2 and the tuner. It'll change you life, give you better gas mileage as well as fewer regens. Even with the various tunes I've had, my regens are about 1/4 of what they used to be and the truck is so much smoother. There is one thing I would like to draw to those who have the tune and those who are looking to purchase… Until the truck reaches 190ºF, you will have torque truncation in effect. Truncation limits the amount of torque that the motor can generate and thus, it will cut your power if the truck is not up to operating temperature. Nothing to be alarmed about, just something to keep in mind when you're out there beating around.

Overall, I wouldn't hesitate to buy the torq2 + tuner. Even if you just buy the tuner and throw it on xtreme street, you won't be disappointed. Eric and the team at IDP have shown consistent dedication to providing the best customer service in the industry. Eric is now hard at work with custom tuning and expanding the device line up for the 6.7 tunes. Hopefully we'll see the iTSX here soon! If you have any questions, please feel free to ask!

Here are some pics:

Very cool! I am torn between Eric's tuning and Spartan. I ran Eric's tunes on my 6.0 and it was great. Spartan has started to become more prevalent as well. I know either way I will be happy. I can't wait to see how this performs for you down the road.

and how is that going to perform up here where it gets really cold?

Excellent! Thanks for posting your feedback...sound exactly like what I am looking for. Eric can pay you the commission when I place my order...

Brett
Speaking of placing an order, just saw this on IDP's Facebook this morning.

Good deal there! $100 off with the combo.

Glad your liking your truck as much as I do Buck!

Discussion starter · #28 ·
Very cool! I am torn between Eric's tuning and Spartan. I ran Eric's tunes on my 6.0 and it was great. Spartan has started to become more prevalent as well. I know either way I will be happy. I can't wait to see how this performs for you down the road.
Honestly, with the way the EPA is cracking down on everything, I'd go IDP. Not worth the risk of being fined or having issues down the road.

Hey Buck...does the tq2 tune feel the same as the tow tune (with or without the tq2). In other words, is it the same tune with a different name or is it different altogether?
From what I understand the torq2 tune is slightly different than than the tow tune but not by much at all. The torq2 tune is the tow tune renamed with a few minor changes. Eric told me there isn't much variation at all.

and how is that going to perform up here where it gets really cold?
Why would it perform any differently?

Excellent! Thanks for posting your feedback...sound exactly like what I am looking for. Eric can pay you the commission when I place my order...

Brett
You're welcome, Brett. Just want to help get the word out there since H&S/Spartan have been dominating the forum with their tunes consistently. I think people ought to know that Eric is making similar power while keeping the truck emissions legal.

Yeah I second that pretty sure I am going to go full delete H&S cause looks Like no delete tunes from innovative
Withe the EPA consistently cracking down, IDP is still on the fence about the delete tunes.

That's a great deal for the tuner + torq2!

Love my truck even more than I used to!

Thank you! I owe you a cold one.

You're welcome, Brett. Just want to help get the word out there since H&S/Spartan have been dominating the forum with their tunes consistently. I think people ought to know that Eric is making similar power while keeping the truck emissions legal.
For sure! He is certainly putting out impressive products...and apparently giving me $100 bucks off!

Discussion starter · #30 ·
Just a quick update....

Went to visit my girlfriend tonight and got a chance to really do a thorough shakedown. This tune is purely insane! The power is incredible and the delivery is butter smooth. Don't hesitate to take advantage of the holiday special!

Discussion starter · #34 ·
Very nice!

Put the tuner on the torq2 tune or the tow tune (whichever you have pre-loaded) and enjoy! Just beware that if you put it on extreme street with the torq2, you will probably get torq truncation and rail pressure codes.

Discussion starter · #36 ·
I was having a little torque truncation with my tuner on torq2 with the torq2 turned all the way up. He removed most of it, but he told me to keep an eye on it. It was fully removed once the oil temp hit 190. He's working on revising the tune to remove it completely.

Discussion starter · #38 ·
well, it only happened to me once. could've just been a glitch.

Trust me, put the IDP tune on torq2 and crank the torq2 all the way up. You won't be disappointed.

I was not impressed with H&S DPF on tunes. Even on hot it still felt slow. DPF off set on hot runs so much better.

21 - 40 of 62 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.