Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I just aquired a 2004 f250 lariat 4x4. I know they had a lot of problems with these trucks in the first couple of years. But for what I got it for I could put about 5 grand in it and still be with a fairly decent priced truck. It has 120,000 miles on it and I don't know anything about the previous owner or what the truck has been through. However it is in awesome shape very minor scratches no dents and interior looks brand new the truck looks very well taking care of and I believe has king ranch rims on it. So I guess my question is what should I do to make sure it's a reliable truck. Things I should upgrade or change for preventative maintenance. I looked it over and didn't see any signs of leaking oil anywhere and the levels in all the fluids looked fine. Still thinking about having everything flushed to be safe. Starts up easy with no white/black smoke and runs smooth. The only problem I have noticed is there is a lot of play in the steering while driving. Any idea of the cause? Anything else I should look for or do to it.

·
Fuel it up again Dummy
1,208 Posts
A scanguage tool whatever brand that fancies you.
Blue spring mod for fuel pressure regulator
coolant filter

Should do a coolant flush w/no chemicals new coolant
Change all fluids including brake system.

That is what I would do, after you get a scanguage monitor your oil temps very very important with a 6.0.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. Is the blue spring mod and coolant filter someone with a little bit of mechanical knowledge can do there self?

·
AMSOIL Dealer
11 Posts
The play in your steering wheel could be your ball joints.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts