Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Trailer Puller
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to finally get around to installing the EGT probe that Adam at First Coast sold me. A search comes up with plenty of threads about where to drill the manifold, but information is slim on where to come through the firewall.

I see a couple promising locations. One is only about 8" away from where I'll tap the manifold - it's on the floor behind the gas pedal and looks like the shift cable runs through it now and there is plenty of room to run something else through. The other is on the other side right under where two large bundles of wires run through now - there's a grommet there with nothing going through it. Some insulation would have to be cut away to use this one.

So where do you come through for this and any other wires that you need to run?

Thanks.

·
Steamfighter
1,094 Posts
Ran mine through the grommet for the e-brake cable. my probe has a braided lead , so not too worried about chaffing . Just notch it with a razor knife and it seals back up good .

·
Registered
5,891 Posts
any of those rubber grommets on the firewall can be used. As Brian said above,just make a small X with a knife and route the wire through..

·
Captain Negativity!
3,109 Posts
Is it a probe the uses 2 wires that bolt together? If so, and you aren't using any of the 4 wires (Red, Blue, White, Black) in the harness that already pass through you could use those and not add anymore holes through the firewall.

·
Steamfighter
1,094 Posts
The Edge probe has a long section that has a braided stainless jacket . No splices , plugs directly to the Insight harness.

·
Captain Negativity!
3,109 Posts
The Autometers will use both types depending on the model of the gauge. I need to replace my probe for my Phantom II. It decided to give up when I was racing a newer chevy GTO on the highway.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts