Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright guys here is the deal I am getting ready to stud my heads and I get to thinking if I am gunna be that close to the heads being off why not just fire ring them while I am there. Talk to a machine shop and they said
they need to know specs on rings. Who has a good set of rings and gaskets with out having to buy studs??

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
What are your goals for the truck? If the heads don't have to come off I wouldn't pull them. Just stud it and run it, unless you want to pull the heads to rebuild them or get them ported or something of that nature.

·
PSN Pretender
1,926 Posts
:whs:

Just all depends on your goals.

Firering kits can be had for $500ish and machine work should be around $500 as well.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Looking to slap some hybrids in her and an oil pump and a 100 shot. Wanting to hit 500hp DD

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
What are your goals for the truck? If the heads don't have to come off I wouldn't pull them. Just stud it and run it, unless you want to pull the heads to rebuild them or get them ported or something of that nature.
So head studs can be installed without pulling the heads?

·
Registered
4,865 Posts
Yes sir. Do one at a time one head at a time. Have to loosen the motor mount and use a jack and 2x4 to slightly angle the engine to get the back on in but that is it.

It is a great time to do the valve springs and push rods as you are already in there with everything pull out of the way anyways. Check the glow plus wiring harness etc..

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Yes sir. Do one at a time one head at a time. Have to loosen the motor mount and use a jack and 2x4 to slightly angle the engine to get the back on in but that is it.

It is a great time to do the valve springs and push rods as you are already in there with everything pull out of the way anyways. Check the glow plus wiring harness etc..
Motor will be on engine stand. It will be a motor swap :D . What valve springs and push rods.

·
Registered
4,865 Posts
The norm unless going to really high boost PSI

Comp Cams 910-16 (that is the set) + shims if you want a bit more psi.

Dave @ Diesel Innovations has some very well made push rods at a good price. You should be able to get both from him.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Fire rings???

·
Crazy Talk
3,537 Posts
i would leave those heads on and jus stud it. but if you do fire rings get em from ***.

·
Registered
4,865 Posts
:whs:

Those stock gaskets from all I have read give a very strong seal.

·
Back in Black
1,379 Posts
what turbo and injectors?

I am running 700+ hp (same exact setup as mine dynoed 713 on fuel and 9xx on nos) and i am running just studs, no fire rings, and im pushing between 55-60psi.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts