Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was going with 2.00" OD .250" wall DOM but we used up what we had in the shop....Ended up finding some 1 7/8" x .187" wall DOM....Poly bushings on axle end, with 1" heims on other end....Brackets welded to the axle between the ubolts....Brackets on frame and axle all .250"...Around 80" long....

·
Registered
635 Posts
Looks great!

·
young buck learning.
431 Posts
2005 f250 ccsb. let me know when mine are done. thanks LOL

·
Registered
462 Posts
Need a side to pic! Looks great! Where did you get your heim joints from?

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
2005 f250 ccsb. let me know when mine are done. thanks LOL
LOL....Just so you get an idea of prices....Heims, tube adapters, nuts...110.00...Bought the poly bushing kit/tube(with zerk) and hardware as a DIY kit from DIY4x4 30.00....

a 20' length of 2.00" DOM .250 wall is 325.00 That the companys price i work for...( that aint gonna happen!!!!)

The 1.875" Tube we had in the rack i got that for 6.00 a foot...( ahhhhh much cheaper)

Tube.... 84.00 (my price)
Heims etc....140.00

So i have 225.00 not counting all the .250" i used to make the brackets...So maybe 250.00 total for materials....

Oh yea...Dont forget you need the forklift to lift up truck to unload the weight off the rear so when you run your welds the rear wont wanna move on you...Seen that happen before!!!

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Need a side to pic! Looks great! Where did you get your heim joints from?
More pics this weekend with my dig cam...These were with my iphone at work....

I have the reiept at work for the heims/nuts/adapter....Forget the name right now. Will get for you...

·
Brian
624 Posts
I am thinkin tractor supply has tractor 3 point attachment. Rods with joints. They seem like a good idea

·
Registered
462 Posts

Got these from a john deere dealer...21 each

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
462 Posts
Cut them and add a few feet of pipe. Its easier than buying heim joints, welding a nut inside the tube, etc...

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Cut them and add a few feet of pipe. Its easier than buying heim joints, welding a nut inside the tube, etc...
Pipe or DOM tubeing?

They come with jam nuts?

Thread diam looks kinda small?

Mine are 1 1/4-12 chromoly....

Get one dink or nick in that pipe and it will bend under load very easy....Trust me i have seem it happen!!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts