Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, cross posting this from the PHP forums, as I figure I might get a quicker response here!

I'm considering doing the FICM reflash, but I would sure like to know what my current FICM strategy is so that I know whether or not it will be worth it. It seems that some people have implied that they can see the FICM strategy on their SCT programmers, but when I read the strategy from the truck on my Xcal2, all it shows is the ECM strategy (VXCF1D6) and the transmission strategy (TQCJ0DW), no AZ* strategy is showing up. Any tricks to getting it to show up? On a separate, but related note, since my current ECM strategy is VXCF1D6, it seems that there would be no advantage do doing the ECM rollback, since I already have a "decent" strategy, correct?

Thanks!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No particular circumstances when it does?

·
Registered
571 Posts
Is the VXCF1 the first flash they came with new?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think so, it seems like the newest strategies are VXCF9xxx, which are the ones to avoid.

·
Registered
571 Posts
If I were you I wouldn't let anyone reflash it. They flashed my truck a year ago for the first time, I have the VXCF9 now, ford says I'm full of it, but I know I lost mileage and lowend power, so I turned it up, got most of my mileage back, but not the low end. I was getting 14 mpg after flash was at 12. That's just me. I'm waiting for the power-hungry roll back right now.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Oh, I intend to do the PHP rollback, but I want to know what is right now, to make sure that it is worth it! Unless I have a very big warranty issue (powertrain), I don't intend my truck to see the inside of a Ford dealer ever..

As far as I know, the truck is currently 100% stock programmed, I have not programmed it yet.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Right now I think you have the best flash for a 2006 that you can get, IMO.
I wont think they could do a roll back being as you have the first flash they came with, unless they do a custom flash.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah, that's what I'm thinking on the ECM, but I don't know what FICM version I have. I have the SRL tune on the way from Matt at Gearhead, but if I thought an FICM tune would net me another mpg or two, it would be worth it.

·
Registered
571 Posts
I'm thinking you most likey have the good ficm tune also, I don't think ford will tune just a ficm, they would update for PCM to, but you could always do a custom ficm tune, seems as everyone has had great luck with that.

·
i like to party
1,415 Posts
The early ficm flashes are good and all, but theyre not the best the could be. If it were my decisons I would tune the FICM.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts